Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Racials
These are by no means necessary, and players CAN opt out of the bonuses on character creation. < They can later pick them up if they wish. >

Quote:Humans

Humans suck ass. They really do. So, to offset this, Talents are rewarded an extra 1 every 4-5 levels, netting them quite a few more by the end. Those talented little rascals.

Quote:Kaelens

Kaelens are good. A bit to good, to be honest. Changing their racial trait to be a 75% chance to not become blinded, or blind has a 75% effect, instead of the full effect/no effect. This can be further lowered with Blind Fighting to have it affect you with 25% of the original penalty instead of 50%. With this balance issue solved...

For balancing out this change, the Kaelens extra, I'm thinking of a Rank, or two, of Preparation. Kind of along the lines of "They hunt for their food". Could also have it be a rank or two of Scout due to good eyes.

Quote:Elves

Elves are already extremely good at what they do, and are generally extremely educated. They gain 2 ranks in Fluency.

Quote:Umbrals

I can't really think of much to say here other than they gain the rogue's incognito ability as a 'natural' thing when in combat. Meaning enemies are less likely to attack them over allies. If no other targets are present, this doesn't do anything. Maybe even give them +1/2 Sneak talent ranks

Quote:Vampire

Feeding outside of combat sounds fine, if from a willing participant. They got buffed recently to lower their holy weakness, so they're kind of fine as is right now.

Quote:Zeran

Maybe a Horn Ram racial attack that let those lovely zerans batter/gore people. Also could give them the ability to sense RES/WIL/Elemental Absorbs and Resitances < but not weaknesses >

Quote:Lich

Okay. Lich has very. Very. Shitty racials. So exploring more on the mana shield idea, let's see how this goes.

With the Mana Shield, you force out a shield of pure mana to surround your body and to take blows for you. Taking up 50% of your current FP, it lowers your max to half of your maximum while active. This is added as a 'buffer' for damage taken. So if you have 600 FP, 300 of that is turned into the shield, leaving you with 300 left over. And that 300 shield, for every 1 damage you take, it takes 1.5 instead. Turning it into a 200 HP shield, in essence.

It is toggleable, and if you toggle it off, you lose the buff and regain the max total FP, however you are STILL at a whatever FP amount you were at. < IE: You were at 240/300, and turned it back on, you'd be at 240/600. > If your mana shield is BROKEN, you cannot turn it off or regain the 50% max FP you lost in turning it on. You can unsummon it to 'restore' its FP level, but it generally won't do you much good unless you turn it off when it's low and regen a lot of FP.

Quote:Glykin

Glykins are kind of lacking, to be blunt. They're really connected to Gylcon and their heritage, a lot of the time, netting them with a +X Devotion Rank bonus.

Quote:Wyverntouched

Wyverntouched bring good health wherever they go! Should they choose to absorb someone's poison, that person should be immune to poison for a few turns.

Quote:Hyattr

Hyattr's are naturally attuned to the innerworkings of fire. Gain X rank(s) of Pyromancy.

Quote:Mechanation

Mechanations are keen of keeping themselves maintained if they don't have a master. Gain X rank(s) of Maintenance.

Quote:Doriad

Doriads are in such harmony with nature that they can actually shut their eyes, letting their feet in contact with the earth, and sense out what herbs/wood is good and which is bad. +40% harvesting chance.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=317#p317 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:58 am[/url]"]Kaelens are good. A bit to good, to be honest.
Give them 10% LUC growth for free, at level 1. Decent for balance, I guess.
:lol:
Considering you can already get +10% Luc growth at level 1, "Meh" is all I have to say to your lackluster, and useless reply.
I find these a little too... eh. They're not that interesting, frankly.

Maybe a Horn Ram racial attack that let those lovely zerans batter/gore people.

This one really bugs me though. No way would a Zeran use their precious crown to gore people, how barbaric! They are not some bull-headed brutes! Away with this uncivilized behaviour! I say good day!

... Also the Kaelensia and Doraid abilities are too similiar to each other. Only the Kaelensia one is obviously better since it lets you get 10% LUC growth sooner, I really don't think Kaelensia of all races need that kind of headstart.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I've seen some Zerans use those horns for... other.. productive purposes. Creepers.

As for the Kaelens extra, I've changed it to give a Rank, or two, of Preparation. Kind of along the lines of "They hunt for their food"

Could also have it be a rank or two of Scout due to good eyes.
Quote:Kaelens

Kaelens are good. A bit to good, to be honest. Changing their racial trait to be a 75% chance to not become blinded, or blind has a 75% effect, instead of the full effect/no effect. This can be further lowered with Blind Fighting to have it affect you with 25% of the original penalty instead of 50%. With this balance issue solved...

I'm not understanding. You could be more specific here. I'd say a 50% blind immune chance and a trait that increases this by 25%.

Maybe a Horn Ram racial attack that let those lovely zerans batter/gore people.
Alternatively a focus beam.

Quote:Lich

Okay. Lich has very. Very. Shitty racials. They die pretty much to anything, and aren't even remotely viable in PVP whatsoever. Maybe changing it so that the HP reduction isn't nearly as harsh, or allowing Liches a Mana Shield racial that causes all damage to be flung at their FP reserves, allowing them some more survivability in PVP. a 1 HP damage = 1.5 FP damage seems fair enough.
Rework the Mana Shield suggestion. If that lich has 200 HP and 600 FP, they now have 600 HP. 400 of which can be exploited with FP regeneration.

Quote:Wyverntouched

Not sure what to add to them. Give some thoughts!
This probably does not benefit Wyverntouched. But if they choose to absorb someone's poison, that person should be immune to poison for a few turns.

Quote:Redtail

Redtails have ALL the luck. No, seriously. They can steal a bit of your luck away from you, if only for a short period of time. They gain LVL/6 LUC, their target loses LVL/6 LUC for 2 rounds.
I don't think a -10 vague luck debuff is necessary.

PS: Headstarts are reasonable; racial diversity is a thing. Also, I'm sure you all know two reaper enchants can give you +10% luck if you pick one harvest.
Okay, for the Kaelens as it is now, you're outright immune to Blind.

With the change I'm suggesting, one of two things could come out of it.

1) You have a 25% chance to become blinded if you are subjected to the status effect. So if it has to roll for the chance to blind you, it rolls. If it afflicts, it rolls another time, this time at a 25% chance to actually afflict you.

OR

2) Blind only affects you somewhat. Instead of the -100 HIT, you're at -75. With Blindfighting, depending if its just -50 or 50%, you'll either have -25 hit, or -37.5 hit.

As for the Lich rework, the Mana Shield sounds kind of good as is. Because a Lich, almost always, is a mage. You're attacking their MP directly if you attack them, which is also how they harm you. Sure they can 'abuse FP regen" < up to like. +22 or something > but... once you hit them out of their FP, they won't have a real good way to recover it since they'll either be attempting to cast with it, or not. 2 things are draining on it, and I don't think 1 dmg = 2 FP is a really fair thing because it turns 600 FP into 300 HP, .or. casting ability. Sure, if someone wanted to make a Lich Tank of.. sorts.. i guess it'd be possible. However the Mana Shield at 1.5 sounds decent since they cast from MP.

That sounds kind of nice for the Wyverntouched. I'll add it there.

As for the redtails, I was kind of pulling at strings there, but Redtails are kind of good on racials and stuff anyways.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=325#p325 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:59 am[/url]"]

As for the Lich rework, the Mana Shield sounds kind of good as is. Because a Lich, almost always, is a mage. You're attacking their MP directly if you attack them, which is also how they harm you. Sure they can 'abuse FP regen" < up to like. +22 or something > but... once you hit them out of their FP, they won't have a real good way to recover it since they'll either be attempting to cast with it, or not. 2 things are draining on it, and I don't think 1 dmg = 2 FP is a really fair thing because it turns 600 FP into 300 HP, .or. casting ability. Sure, if someone wanted to make a Lich Tank of.. sorts.. i guess it'd be possible. However the Mana Shield at 1.5 sounds decent since they cast from MP.

[Image: pUlzSGD.png]

Don't discriminate builds.
Liches cannot critical hit while they are above half FP.
I'm completely aware. Charge shot is still a thing.