Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mastery of Weapon Arts
This should be lowered from 25 to 15. The number is too excessive for just a 15% scaling bonus on weapons that don't even scale from the stat itself.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
make it work on primary str scalings i swear this isnt biased
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Just rework it to give basic scaling weapons with a different main stat the flamelit attribute. (-30% Main, +40% STR) and reduce the talent cost.

It seriously shouldn't be a 15% scaling boost that people are dying to use.
Yeah it just being damage sort of contributes to some degenerate damage creep setups and doesn't really do a whole lot to make STR more viable to run, I'd rather it be retuned entirely into something else like being able to use multiple weapons on your belt or swap equipment easily.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Snake
I don't think anyone would willingly ever give flamelit to their weapon, tbh. It'd turn the trait from handy to outright detrimental except on some niche stuff. Though I wouldn't be against a rework
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Something something, giving all weapons the Finesse tag. This DEFINITELY won't cause any problems. I promise.
(02-15-2024, 04:54 AM)Ray2064 Wrote: I don't think anyone would willingly ever give flamelit to their weapon, tbh. It'd turn the trait from handy to outright detrimental except on some niche stuff. Though I wouldn't be against a rework

Nothing wrong with being absurdly niche really, I'd rather have less traits like one handed where it's absolutely optimal to take but doesn't match your IC. But yeah it should be reworked to work around being able to use more weapons effectively, whether by enabling more weapons in the item belt, low momentum cost weapon swaps or just changing the scaling of non-STR weapons to have strength attached to it at the cost of some main scaling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
(02-15-2024, 07:01 AM)Miller Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 04:54 AM)Ray2064 Wrote: I don't think anyone would willingly ever give flamelit to their weapon, tbh. It'd turn the trait from handy to outright detrimental except on some niche stuff. Though I wouldn't be against a rework

Nothing wrong with being absurdly niche really, I'd rather have less traits like one handed where it's absolutely optimal to take but doesn't match your IC. But yeah it should be reworked to work around being able to use more weapons effectively, whether by enabling more weapons in the item belt, low momentum cost weapon swaps or just changing the scaling of non-STR weapons to have strength attached to it at the cost of some main scaling.

Here's an experimental idea for consideration, instead of making it about strength necessarily, what if it was a trait that converted main stat scaling to GUI instead of whatever it was previously? This would be an interesting idea for Basic Attackers primarily, it sounds a little wild even coming from me but I think it could be a potentiality. But it'd still kind of promote using multiple weapons since every type would be a consistent scaling to follow, and basic attacking is a viable attack method on nearly every weapon.

If this was a thing I'd probably attach it to 15 Talent point investment instead of 25.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, sirtrex
This generally contributes to only 3-9 SWA at best, is what I'm saying. 15% of a full 60 Scaled STR is a feasible 9 SWA, bros.

9 SWA.

Two-Handed is 20 SWA and costs only 5 Talent Points. You can see how this does not warrant the cost by simply checking the numbers.

At best if this was changed to be SKI% scaling rather than STR, and worked on all weapons, it'd justify the cost being a whopping 25 Talent Points and 1 Trait Point, for a total of 26 points of investment for something that isn't even notable. Taking from stuff that, y'know, make your chars feel more unique and different from monster NPCs.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(02-16-2024, 04:32 PM)Snake Wrote: This generally contributes to only 3-9 SWA at best, is what I'm saying. 15% of a full 60 Scaled STR is a feasible 9 SWA, bros.

9 SWA.

Two-Handed is 20 SWA and costs only 5 Talent Points. You can see how this does not warrant the cost by simply checking the numbers.

At best if this was changed to be SKI% scaling rather than STR, and worked on all weapons, it'd justify the cost being a whopping 25 Talent Points and 1 Trait Point, for a total of 26 points of investment for something that isn't even notable. Taking from stuff that, y'know, make your chars feel more unique and different from monster NPCs.

It's 13-14 SWA at 60 scaled, but it really shouldn't be something everyone is aiming to use for extra damage regardless; a rework into something more unique and less of a direct advantage with a lower talent cost would be far cooler than its current implementation. 

The general idea behind the trait is so you can use multiple weapon types more effectively with the most common scaling stat, but as is it's nothing more than a SWA boost that people are constantly dying for; it's pretty lame to leave it as that.