Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Bodyguardlictic Blood
(02-15-2024, 09:22 PM)Frozen Wrote: Because I've seen people say is "all it's gonna take is one balance fu thread" and "this shits busted" -- and I have been subjected to it in six fights now.

BK/Something (or really anyone with well invested DR) can equip a Monster Spine and be nigh unkillable past the point of the Visceral Attack.

Critting a target through 2-3 of the rounds, performing Stagger with an increased chance to parry and decrease to hit per LV.

And then the attack range.

And then, watch them gain more hit with Bloodhunt.

Yes, Monster Spine only gets its mechanic after a certain amount of time. I don't really being able to -ignore- damage coming from one of the best axes in the game is something that really should be SSStylish. This is coming from a Ghost/BK with around 132 SWA, a 187 crit mod (I did not build any defensive stats whatsoever)

I'm dealing, at potentia, 800 physical damage per critical hit on a tank who deserves death under every circumstance. I will exactly finish them off from afar as any attack I make has 3 tiles of range.

How to fix this?

Make Monster Spine stop existing

So true.......
Can always just make it proc only once per enemy unit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • Senna
(02-15-2024, 09:22 PM)Frozen Wrote: Because I've seen people say is "all it's gonna take is one balance fu thread" and "this shits busted" -- and I have been subjected to it in six fights now.

BK/Something (or really anyone with well invested DR) can equip a Monster Spine and be nigh unkillable past the point of the Visceral Attack.

Critting a target through 2-3 of the rounds, performing Stagger with an increased chance to parry and decrease to hit per LV.

And then the attack range.

And then, watch them gain more hit with Bloodhunt.

Yes, Monster Spine only gets its mechanic after a certain amount of time. I don't really being able to -ignore- damage coming from one of the best axes in the game is something that really should be SSStylish. This is coming from a Ghost/BK with around 132 SWA, a 187 crit mod (I did not build any defensive stats whatsoever)

I'm dealing, at potentia, 800 physical damage per critical hit on a tank who deserves death under every circumstance. I will exactly finish them off from afar as any attack I make has 3 tiles of range.

How to fix this?

Make Monster Spine stop existing
Monster Spine + BK has been used many times to cheese people in the past and will continue to be used until the interaction is removed, even if it healed you on the first hit it'd be worth it to use given the range of the attack.

It doesn't really take a lot of thought or effort to explain why Monster Spine is a bad thing, when it is equivalent to 100 hp in a turn (then more stacks give you another heal). You won't see me complaining about it's departure.
[-] The following 2 users Like Toffee's post:
  • Frozen, Ray2064
? ? ? ? ? ?

[Image: image.png?ex=65e0f673&is=65ce8173&hm=00e...height=610]
[-] The following 2 users Like Ham's post:
  • Frozen, Toffee
Alright, this has just turned into a big ol' shitpost sundae. Just gonna close this one and hope we can be cool about this next time.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]