Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tanking (Like. Actually taking Hits for people. Not being Tanky)
In the recent update, Guard was nerfed to only be half as effective versus Redirected damage.

Redirected damage being, only what I can assume is

Protect (Doesn't work half the time)
Sacrifice (Redirects the damage, but not any effects, Lengthy Cooldown)
Guard Dog (Kerberos. He should burn)
Crest of Rook (75% chance to proc protect on the status causer)
Charm (Charm Lvl% to proc protect on the status causer)

I understand the desire to make designating someone 'tanky' and not allowing people to huddle around them as they take minimal to no damage, but the downside to doing this tactic has always been "AoEs exist".

I think it's kind of a bad idea to nerf Taking hits for others simply because now Ruler's exist and can make NPCs / anyone do it for them, especially the way that it has occurred right now. Breaking a Ruler from their Rook Crested Ally, or just mass-aoeing the area is how it has always been dealt with...

If nothing else, due to it being so severely nerfed. I would like to ask Protect actually be looked at and.. made functional against more than just basic attacks.. and for Sacrifice to force the new target for an attack to be you, rather than you take the damage and the target take the status afflictions associated with it.
Allow Sacrifice to instead Sacrifice others for you. Nothing can go wrong with that
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Better question. Why isn't this exclusive to Pawn Automatons? This does seem unnecessary in the grand scheme. All damage redirections, except Kerberos, comes without mitigation. Using Guard is the only mitigation we had for that, especially when eating AoEs.

That is unwarranted and should be exclusive to Automatons.

On top of that, Protect should be reworked into a stance, and not require a Shield anymore. That being based on SKI + DEF + Soldier LV would be enough of a proc chance for people within 1 range of you.

Sacrifice? Quite the easy fix. Make it so both you and your target will Always Glance enemies for the duration, this way it can bootleg fix the problem with effects going through.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Just make it so AoEs don't target you twice anymore while redirecting damage and the guard nerf is justified, I fully understand why Dev doesn't want Metalaegis and Rook Automaton or even players just full guarding while protecting you, effectively tripling their already staggering health pools.

As much as I loathe the strategy of instagibbing the dodgy, there's also a reason why redirection mechanics shouldn't be allowed to get away with too much, there should be a cost to the sacrificial lamb for removing the enemy's win condition in some cases.
Using AoE to burst down the summon is the only way many builds have to deal with those classes sitting behind a tank unit. Even without guard being a thing, it's still very good. But there's no reason to hurt sacrifice in the process; tanking as a player is difficult and usually unrewarding.