Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Stars and level 40-60 dungeons
Star 
Grinding for 10 stars in any dungeon that's lower than 60-80 is not a great experience.

There's only one type of monster that can drop their signature ten star.

On top of that you have to hope that the three or four LVL60 packs that spawn have that type of monster. (Or get lucky enough to have one spawn as a mini boss)

On top of that you have to contest the area with other players, and I've seen people begrudge other players who spend a long amount of time grinding for these items, because they will easily wipe the few mob packs that can drop it, and then spawn camp the areas where they spawn, an action that is absolutely reasonable due to the limitations of the drops. (I think this creates a particularly bad scenario however, due to having the ability to build bad blood in the community for something relatively innocuous)

On top of that, now if you're wanting to still grind these, you have to wait for server tics to respawn them.

I do not know what would be the best solution for this, but I think lowering the level needed for mobs to be able to drop their 10 stars would at least be a fix the community would appreciate.
[-] The following 4 users Like zericosmic's post:
  • Fern, Lolzytripd, Maya, Trexmaster
I was thinking on an earlier suggestion somebody made, of a store that sells 9/10*s in exchange for raremetal. Would devalue them from a meta perspective, yeah, but I feel like player convenience is more important than "the economy" anyways.
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes the REAL Minos Prime's post:
  • sirtrex
From what I can tell the current 56 limit is based off the fact every 8 levels mobs can drop items 1 rarity higher. At 48 mobs start dropping 9 stars, so at 56 they begin dropping their 10 stars.

So it might be weird to lower the level requirement for only 10 stars. If we adjusted it to be every 7 levels rarities would unlock like so:

Level 7 - 4*
Level 14  - 5*
Level 21 - 6*
Level 29 - 7*
Level 35 - 8*
Level 42 - 9*
Level 49 - 10*

Looks a bit better and odds are the code change required probably wouldn't be that much since SURELY that's how it's all connected to one little variable (wishful thinking).

Another option is as stated in my past thread to raise the number of mob spawns of each level bracket as well as increasing the rate at which mobs spawn. Making for more possible mob kills per in-game hour. If not giving players the option to actively pump mob numbers through some cypelle exchange or similar currency dump.
[-] The following 3 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Fern, sirtrex, zericosmic
(02-24-2024, 12:47 PM)Trexmaster Wrote: From what I can tell the current 56 limit is based off the fact every 8 levels mobs can drop items 1 rarity higher. At 48 mobs start dropping 9 stars, so at 56 they begin dropping their 10 stars.

So it might be weird to lower the level requirement for only 10 stars. If we adjusted it to be every 7 levels rarities would unlock like so:

Level 7 - 4*
Level 14  - 5*
Level 21 - 6*
Level 29 - 7*
Level 35 - 8*
Level 42 - 9*
Level 49 - 10*

Looks a bit better and odds are the code change required probably wouldn't be that much since SURELY that's how it's all connected to one little variable (wishful thinking).

Another option is as stated in my past thread to raise the number of mob spawns of each level bracket as well as increasing the rate at which mobs spawn. Making for more possible mob kills per in-game hour. If not giving players the option to actively pump mob numbers through some cypelle exchange or similar currency dump.
Please no, trying to farm 1 stars with divine verbal is hard enough
(02-25-2024, 05:22 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:47 PM)Trexmaster Wrote: From what I can tell the current 56 limit is based off the fact every 8 levels mobs can drop items 1 rarity higher. At 48 mobs start dropping 9 stars, so at 56 they begin dropping their 10 stars.

Level 7 - 4*
Level 14  - 5*
Level 21 - 6*
Level 29 - 7*
Level 35 - 8*
Level 42 - 9*
Level 49 - 10*

Please no, trying to farm 1 stars with divine verbal is hard enough

Would this not make it easier?
Because you could farm a level 5-20 dungeon and get a much smaller drop pool.
1-20 would still be 2* max, It would mean, however, that 1 stars is only from the 1-5 enemies.. instead of.. oh.

Huh. The 1-5 enemies still.
(02-25-2024, 05:30 AM)Rendar Wrote: 1-20 would still be 2* max, It would mean, however, that 1 stars is only from the 1-5 enemies.. instead of.. oh.

Huh. The 1-5 enemies still.
I can reliably risk adding the 2 star pool to my grind by full clearing level 20 dungeons, I don't want to wade through the full 3-5 pool