Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The use of One-Hand Trait
take this away from me and I will promote making Hellish Eye's -80 evade universal. I need this hit on my mage. I need it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Cogster's post:
  • Anhita, Ham, SleazeAndSlander
[Image: asQKeLC.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Ham's post:
  • Balor, Ray2064, SleazeAndSlander
(03-03-2024, 08:04 PM)Tana Wrote: If people are abusing it, it should just be actually enforced. Three day ban for first offense. It's exactly the same as a vampire using racial parts they shouldn't have, and things of that nature.

And to cut off some things, yes, I did use it myself for a couple weeks before ditching it; And that's exactly why I think it should come with an actual penalty if you're breaking the rules with it. If it leads to people coming up with elaborate backstories for having it, fine. It just means that if they ever try to change and say they have two now, they can also eat the penalty and be forced to live with it.

It should be a permanent character-altering trait. One you can never remove. That alone would solve the issue half the time.
nah ref im challenging that, this has gotta be a midpost
potentially battleshock tier, we'll have to bring this to HR.

quick edit: thanks for the neus silver guys
quick edit 2: thank you so much for the neus gold!!! i didn't expect this post to blow up!
[-] The following 9 users Like Toffee's post:
  • Balor, Cogster, Ham, Imotepchief, Mewni, saikyogroove77, Salsaccino, SleazeAndSlander, uedatzu
Ima keep it 100 with you

Trying to police the one-armed trait for RP is like trying to police strict sleeper or demanding people RP something like battle spirits.
Sure, one-armed is more noticeable but c'mon man.
[Image: 7voqr5AA_400x400.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like saikyogroove77's post:
  • Anhita, Balor, Ham, Imotepchief, Mewni, SleazeAndSlander, Toffee, uedatzu
give -50 to getting grapple checked
got 1 arm,
get fuckin grappled
also make struggle 50% less effective
also got 1 arm you can't parry twin dance users
also got 1 arm can't lets see here....hug
no hugs for you

Oh and one arm, KD takes 4m to get up now.
As someone who plays the character that possibly inspired the "One-Handed" trait being added into the game...

I think people should genuinely roleplay having one hand if they're taking this trait. Not only does the game mechanically state your character has one hand, you should have to roleplay it as such. Consider it a negative for that juicy juicy +5 hit. That's my take though :3

At the end of the day though, people can flavor it however they want because it's just flavor. I don't think policing anyone's experience is the way to go about it...
[Image: USxyRvr.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Salsaccino's post:
  • Ham, Toffee
From what I remember, one of the reasons the Trait system was revamped was to remove traits that were seen as "mandatory".

Though really, I wouldn't mind if it was just renamed. Enforcing that kind of stringency on every trait or aspect of the game seems like it's more trouble than its worth.
Taking one handed trait puts you out of two handed and any sub weapons. That's actually not something to undermine or look away from.

Enforcing people to follow a mechanical thing is just silly to me. There's traits that everyone has that don't fit characters. Sadism, blind fighting, Crude Chivalry, a lost of history traits, and even mask of metal (I've seen too many of you FREAKS using it when you don't have FIs of wearing helmets!). Hell, if we want to go even further in this rabbithole, some people rp class things in a fluffed way that isn't actually 1:1 with what the decription says.

Should we enforce them too? Put a ban on people who don't listen? I don't think so. Renaming it might be the way to go if something must be done but I think it's kind of pointless personally?
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthewmwps's post:
  • Imotepchief
(03-04-2024, 02:17 AM)Salsaccino Wrote: As someone who plays the character that possibly inspired the "One-Handed" trait being added into the game...

I think people should genuinely roleplay having one hand if they're taking this trait. Not only does the game mechanically state your character has one hand, you should have to roleplay it as such. Consider it a negative for that juicy juicy +5 hit. That's my take though :3

At the end of the day though, people can flavor it however they want because it's just flavor. I don't think policing anyone's experience is the way to go about it...
You know where my hand will be Salsa. Holding yours.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Balor's post:
  • Ham, Senna, Snake, zericosmic
(03-04-2024, 12:40 PM)Balor Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 02:17 AM)Salsaccino Wrote: As someone who plays the character that possibly inspired the "One-Handed" trait being added into the game...

You know where my hand will be Salsa. Holding yours.
For none-kink related reasons. Are we talking about the severed hand or the still attached hand that is doing the handholding?
asking for a friend.