Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The use of One-Hand Trait
you guys have hands?
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I mean personally I try to take traits that fit my character more than for just mechanical gain but at the end of the day... Does it really matter?

Do we include talents as well in the list of things that we want people to get solely based on the ic of their char?

I don't really see an issue here, it's not like someone is doing something like downing you with a host of youkai, then rping they're like beating you to death with their own hands alone or anything.
I too prefer One-Handed Fighter, honestly. Or as I said in the OP. "One-Handed Mastery".
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
One shouldn't be ostracized or shamed for picking a trait that gives them a bonus and a negative tradeoff. 

Even Dev has said "Many sin for that 5+ hit."

So change it to "With a Hand Tied" or "Hand Behind my Back." but until then, if you ask me why my character has the One-Handed trait.  It's because he fights with one hand on his impressive....
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Balor's post:
  • Miller, Senna, SleazeAndSlander, Snake, Trexmaster, zericosmic
Echoing what appears to be common sentiment here but; I'm all for traits that represent the character mechanically but when there's a strict BENEFIT to a trait meant to represent you only have one hand, it defeats the whole point. If there's an intent to create traits to represent possible physical disabilities or character quirks? It should really just be fluff for roleplaying, nothing more.

I also agree that it should really just be named to One Handed Fighter, Hand Behind my Back, Fencer and so on; while I'm not opposed to the health tab proposed in OP, it seems redundant considering we can customize our own profiles anyway.

(lemme take chronic/permanent injuries NOW)
[-] The following 2 users Like Miller's post:
  • Ham, SleazeAndSlander
LMFAO DREZ.

And the Health tab/button is just to let you know of your mechanical and fluff injuries, really. Right now, you can only check another person's injuries through partying with them and checking the tab.

It would at least be a positive addition to the game.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
There is a clear flaw in the trait that might be ignored like I stated in my original post (which echoes the same sentiment) in that it's basically free hit to some builds and +hit with a serious build crippling downside to others, not that the downside shouldn't stay because I mean what else explains the trait better than being unable to two-hand or dual-wield weapons? Nothing else really, but if you just happen to have a build that fits in, there is no downside, Bows, Tome + Glove/Shields, Fist weapons, dagger + gloves come to mind fairly immediately.

You won't actually often see it on sword/axe/spear/gun builds for this reason, its so much better on the above mentioned than these weapons, I'd probably actually suggest doubling the hit bonus for weapons that can be 2-handed normally, such as Swords/Axes/Spears/Guns. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but giving these things a bit more of an edge helps them through their downside more than the above mentioned.
If people are abusing it, it should just be actually enforced. Three day ban for first offense. It's exactly the same as a vampire using racial parts they shouldn't have, and things of that nature.

And to cut off some things, yes, I did use it myself for a couple weeks before ditching it; And that's exactly why I think it should come with an actual penalty if you're breaking the rules with it. If it leads to people coming up with elaborate backstories for having it, fine. It just means that if they ever try to change and say they have two now, they can also eat the penalty and be forced to live with it.

It should be a permanent character-altering trait. One you can never remove. That alone would solve the issue half the time.
aight boys round em up, you need someone to cut off all your fingers in one hand to justify it ic i gotchu, i'll take 1 asago per finger and 1 patron per hand
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Ham's post:
  • Balor, SleazeAndSlander, Snake, Soul_Hacker, Toffee
(03-03-2024, 08:14 PM)Ham Wrote: aight boys round em up, you need someone to cut off all your fingers in one hand to justify it ic i gotchu, i'll take 1 asago per finger and 1 patron per hand
can you take all my mages' left hand please i need the +5 hit ill pay you 100k murai per character ic please please pl
[-] The following 3 users Like uedatzu's post:
  • Ham, JamOfBoy, SleazeAndSlander