Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remains Harvesting
Since the bug with the terminal upgrade being far too effective was patched (as before I had not realized it was bugged to begin with) gathering remains can be very tedious if you wind up rolling poorly repeatedly, even with maximum investment.

I'd suggest the system be changed so that you gain progress toward attaining the remain(s) in question with each gather attempt if the gathering attempt failed, eventually guaranteeing the remains. The idea being that each attempt is getting you closer to completing the harvest as opposed to it being the same odds every single time you try.

Of course if that's too much work it'd be nice if the talent was more effective than it currently is, failing 5-6+ times in a row so frequently at max investment (110 Harvest Modifier) is annoying to say the least, for something you do at the end of nearly every fight (that yields remains).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • Tana
I see absolutely no reason for the base chance of bonesawing to be so extremely low. Bonesawing was rendered double-useless on the great six with the advent of diving simply being wildly more efficient as a means to get remains, and before then, it was still awful - If all you have is the talents, you can still easily fail 10+ times in a row.

Right now, with every bonesaw talent + Nemalyth, I'm still sometimes getting fail streaks in the 10+ range. If you don't have a golden bonesaw, it is actually pointless to be bonesawing things. Remains are not so grand a thing that they need to be so heavily kept from people getting them, I don't think, and the base chance should be put to the point where every talent + nemalyth gives you a guaranteed chance.

Or at least much, much higher, or some system as already suggested. Especially with remains having been vastly nerfed in the past, I can't see much reason for them to be so bizarrely rare from direct gathering, especially in light of how G6 simply trivialized them for years.
Bonesawing wouldn't be so punishing if bonesaws worked like rusty pickaxes. Then we could buy or craft hundreds of them,and the failures wouldn't matter that much.

Having each saw have weight, and having to navigate a menu to use one when many are in a single inventory makes remains gathering too much of a hassle without a golden bonesaw.