Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maalik Nadezhda - Request for Appearance and Mask
Applicable BYOND Key - StillNotGay
Character Name - Maalik Nadezhda
Request Type - Character Request
Request Details -  I was further enlightened. I'd like to have this appearance for the character, smol as they are, to be validated as a Good Bean, a Jelly, Gelly Bean, if you will. Here is the playby I will be using.

I would also like to clarify the details of her mask. It is not a rebreather, at most, my original design involved a primitive method of assisting breathing to compensate for the limited airflow of the mask. This design was submitted to Geladyne's head of RnD, no issues were brought to my attention with how it was designed. I will, for posterity, include my write up on it here for scrutiny for clarity as to how it is allowed to roleplayed.

Quote:Designed to both filter contaminated air and assist with regulating breathing. In Maalik’s case it also serves the purpose of restricting their mouth to prevent biting and/or consuming things without permission.

The mask is by no means a revolutionary concept but an attempt to improve standard equipment for exploring unknown and potentially hazardous environments, field tested by a homunculi that is far easier to repair should it fail and allow progress to be made in countermeasures against future unknown environmental threats.

The current design is a traditional filtration mask using filters lined primarily with a mixture of toadscloth and pureprint woven together with shiverthread. Shiverthread being preferred for local use but more easily sourced singethread may be of more use in colder regions. Ultimately it is a minor difference in regulating the temperature of the mask which threads are used.

Toadscloth is used for its absorbent properties to catch hazardous chemicals or other pollutants in the air, whereas pureprint is used to ward off supernatural contamination. The filters are made to be easily replaceable. Done so by unscrewing the two attachments that contain the filters, removing the old ones, then replacing them before reattachment.

For the respiration functions of the design, the metal choker is made of refined carapace. Small pieces of gasprock attached on the interior are internally affixed to make contact with blood to produce small winds to help facilitate breathing. Other metal above/below the gasprock is used to block the current in the appropriate direction depending on whether the user is inhaling or exhaling.

If it is not kosher to involve any kind of respiration aid in such a device the portion on it can be removed, and saved for a later potential application for the invention.

[Image: profile.png?ex=65fe6d81&is=65ebf881&hm=6...d024b3cd1&]

Specific Request - Ein from Blue Archive as a playby. Look at her. How could you say no.

Clarity on the function of their mask, to whether the primitive breathing aid and or filtration method (effectively just toadscloth stuffed where you'd place filters in such a mask) would be acceptable.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I think Ein is cute. Oh, and I was told it'd be best this be made a proper app. Then clarified it was for the playby appearing too young, and needing an app to make sure all was well.

To clear up how her mask should function for the time being, if further advancements are required for what I have posed for it.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Uuuuuuuuuuuh they're a homunculi. They aren't even the smallest homunculi! Some PEOPLE are smaller than she is! (she's 4'6" this number is not high).

I attempted to make the mask's function sensible with the materials we have in universe (toadscloth, gasprock primarily.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • sirtrex
After a chat and clear up!

I shall approve the baby.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zericosmic's post:
  • Trexmaster