Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lantern Bearer SP crunch
Let this dated class have some fun until its eventual rework.

Reduce the maximum SP costs for all the Flames to Rank 3, including Focused Beam.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Poruku
yes daddy
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
You mean there's spells in that class other than rebia and phoenix?
I think so!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
How can you forget Quetal.

(also please make Auto-Aura not MC only. the momentum game is too much for sub LB)
Agreed. It has a lot of 'must have' skills like Farlight, Eternal Flame, the innate RES. So you tend to only have like 2-3 of the main spells maxed out and a smattering of 1 pointers for utility sake. 

I'd probably go a bit further and suggest applying the SP crunch to things like Skyhigh, Raging Flame and Bask in Light.

The other big thing it could really use is Eternal Flame becoming a passive skill all the time, rather than only if Main Class. It currently limits a lot of pairings that also want to be Main Class since Eternal Flame feels necessary for Lantern Bearer to function well.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I said this years ago but all the flames should probably either be:

-3 Pointers
or
-1 Pointers, with eternal flame being 5 ranks and determining the strength of the flames

I agree with most of what Sly says, the main spells, Skyhigh, Eternal Flame, Raging Flame, Hard Light, Bask in Light are all giga expensive and don't end up in final LB builds, you'd much rather have the much more effective AoEs