Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curse of the Mundane
Applicable BYOND Key - NOTCORKUS

Character Name - Gareth Red-Bridge

Request Type - RP Ability

Request Details -  I'd like to have on Gareth a fucked up curse, but less so really a curse and more so, bro is a fucking anomaly. Built INCORRECTLY, inherently mundane and magic works weird on him and often detrimental of the physical, hurts him more and often hampered with the metaphysical. Difficult to interfere with his mind or soul, shit is just weird.

Specific Request - Mundane is an enchantment that makes shit normal, sure magical but inherently normal, of the earth and terrestrial. In my interpretation of this, much like the earth it refuses change, the dirt is slow to warm up in the summer and slow to cool down in the winter. I wish for Gareth to be like this in a way, like fire to the surface to the earth fires roar and forests can easily be reduced to sunder but the dirt beneath it simply warms. Like light to a prism it gets separated, confused, splintered. When magic, basic elemental magic touches his body it easily tears him apart. It's as if he has a perpetual magic weakness, fire extra hot, ice extra cold, and even healing magic when unfocused and not a highly tight weave hurts him. I.E healing blast, healing touches his body, the magic gets refracted and instead chases it's closest direction of getting it's original directive finished. Like his blood being purified, but it's being purified aggressively as if you were boiling it clean. Painful and dangerous. Something that is very unpredictable, akin to wild magic in a way with the side-effects.

With the internal magic, magic that wishes to change the metaphysical like his soul or mind, it's like molding a boulder. Sure with enough time and effort you can do it, but it's such a fucking pain in the fucking ass. Much like the earth, something the mundane. It wishes to remain the same. Now with all of this, it will always be a thing of talking with the person before we decide on the side-effect or what actually goes on for both physical and metaphysical.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - Because it would be pretty fun, I'll be real. It used to be a thing where a few people with divine eyes called Gareth so ugly he could not be seen by them, as if his lines were constantly moving and refracting, a blinding being of light. NOW, when I changed playbys people kept that narrative and I wish to make a reason for that beyond being a funny bit. I feel like it would be pretty cool that his nature is just weird, incorrect, and wrong to the state of things. TOO normal, TOO mundane.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - I have roleplayed several scenes with Gareth of people cursing gareth and the curse having strange bonus effects we both agreed on. Which both I and the parties involved thought was pretty fun. This is the same with healers and also some divine eyes dudes, they seem to enjoy the small twist of Gareth making shit worse by existing. Gareth gets cursed to neigh like a horse, and instead he has the desire to stomp on someone like a horse would a snake. Which led to a funny scene of Gareth chasing down a witch. Then with the more physical, once an elf went up to heal Gareth because holy shit he was so ugly that's gotta be an injury (500 healing elf blast). It went straight to his face and he started SCREAMIN' which was pretty funny. NOW, I did talk with the player during this about how they didn't want to kill Gareth and would have been upset if that happened which is why I specify that I want to discuss with the players when it happens what actually happens so we both can come to a fun conclusion for the both of us. At the end of the day, I just want to have a baller time and I feel like this would be pretty fun to rp out. Thank you guys for taking time out of your day to read this, have a baller day.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleazeAndSlander's post:
  • Rendar, sirtrex, Toffee
This app was so ugly that it slipped right into a state of approval.

Live your mundane dreams my friend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maya's post:
  • SleazeAndSlander