Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contract Magic- Lazura Aranea Family
I know something similar has been done before by someone, but I figured I get my own Version of it.

Special Skill: The Contract

A magical contract can be made with one other WILLING party. Inside this contract, specific terms can be specified and need to be followed literally (The Contract stater has the final say in that, all according to the Saying "The Devil lies in the detail"), by the people signing it. Going against the contract Directly or Indirectly will cause the contract offender great physical pain, to the point that they can not do it. This Contract in general can only be broken in the following ways:

-Someone extremely powerful in the mystic arts can cancel the Link (Read, The Mystic)
-The original physical manifestation that holds the Wording of the Contract is destroyed (Usually a piece of paper that has to remain in the same realm of existence (Contract would be void if it were held in a pocket dimension for example. this allows for people to steal these if they wanted.))
-The deal on the contract has been fulfilled, causing the Contract to burn itself.
-BOTH Parties are willing to cancel the contract.
-If the contract becomes impossible to fulfill, or the conditions changed so that it's no longer possible. (Example: Contract states that someone assassinates another, but that person dies or is killed by another which would cause the contract to void.)

Such a Contract can NEVER be forced upon someone, and must be made under the approval of a sober-minded person and the fact of it being a magical contract must be made obvious to them. (Meaning, they can not be under the influence of mind-altering substances either to be tricked into it and can't just hand them a normal sheet of paper to sign. There has to be obvious Voodoo magic at place.)
These contracts are based on the knowledge of the one who put up the Contract and the contract signer. This means that if they are fooled into believing that the Contract has been fulfilled, or would otherwise be void, then the magic is stopped as well.

Intention: This is more of an RP skill, to spice up abit of RP giving a bit of consequences to people who are into this kind of stuff, and give the Deal Maker character type a bit of an RP edge. I added plenty of ways how people can cheat themselves out of the contact, or to release them, if we notice that its not as much fun to be had with this narrative.
Generally its only meant to create a bit of additional hooks, and IC flavour and Drama to stuff, so people have a reason to RP consequnces they agreed upon. My only interest is to RP it with people that get enjoyment of possible darker/more pressing storylines. It's not fun for me either if the other side is not enjoying it. But it is interesting for the type of Character I play, even just to put these consequences on myself amf give me the urgency to fullfill these contracts ICly, making it a double-edged sword.

My Character has been all about Business and Deals for like forever, and this could add a little extra spice to it, maybe further antagonize her or have little fun sub plots where people want to steal and destroy the contract they are in, or whatever. She carries a "Book of Debts" around at basically all times, and if I could add a layer of magic to it, I think that be pretty dope.

Cheers.
A lot of people have taken to RPing this type of magic accross Korvara, to the point that I’ll likely even include a section about it in the lore doc when we get to the magic portion.

Some key things you should be aware of, despite seeming to be already, are simply to make sure both parties are consenting OOC, and aware of the implications such an effect can have on their characters long term. If they eventually wish to exit the contract due to a discomfort of some kind, I urge you to be mindful and consider allowing it to be nullified or for them to leave. People are impulsive and enter this kind of thing without much thought all the time.

Otherwise? Consider this approved!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maya's post:
  • Shujin