Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The LUPINE Update
Truly, it is time to make Lupines great again. This will simply focus on traits since I tend like to have a wider variety of what to spend my trait points on!

Tundra Wolf
Required: Lupine Race, 10 SAN
Your fur is thicker and more insulated compared to your brethren. This allows you to better resist the cold with a +5% Ice Resistance and +10% Status Resistance versus Frostbite status effect. However, you're more suspectable to burns as a result! You gain a -5% Fire Resistance and -10% Status Resistance versus Burn status effect. Your War Cry also gains +25% of your Ice ATK to it damage.

Desert Wolf
Required: Lupine Race, 10 SAN
Your fur is lighter and better assists with cooling your body. This allows you to better resist to the heat with a +5% Fire Resistance and +10% Status Resistance versus Burn status effect. However, you're more suspectable to the cold as a result! You gain a -5% Ice Resistance and -10% Status Resistance versus Frostbite status effect. Your War Cry also gains +25% of your Fire ATK to its damage.

Sharp Feet Claws
Required: Lupine, Felidae, Corbie, Heron, or Phenex (and beast legs Tongue )
Be it claws on your feet or talons, they are much better suited for unarmored combat. When using a Kick Skill, On Hit: Deals protection ignoring Slash damage equal to 25% of your Scaled STR, but also makes you lose HP equal to half of that as using your claws can hurt. 
(Or could just be worked into Sharp Claws itself.)

Big, Bad Wolf
Required: Pack Alpha, Strongest Muscles, 20 SAN
You're the biggest, baddest Lupine around and your Followers know that. For every Follower you have in your party, gain +4 Power to your weapon and +2 Armor (doubled when fighting monsters?). Cast Off Flexing also becomes Werewolf Mode (It works like Cast Off Flexing, but also releases a War Cry). You do not gain these benefits if there is 1 other Pack Alpha in the party.
(Pack Alpha really doesn't do anything for you, so this would be a fun thing to have it for. The bonuses may seem a bit too much, but getting even 1 Lupine with Pack Follower is a rarity aside from group builds.)

The Beast Within
Required: Lupine Race, Sharp Claws, 30 SAN
You have forgone being a civilized dog. As long as you have no weapon and armor equipped, gain the following benefits: +10 Armor, +10 Magic Armor, +15 Evade, +5% Blunt and Slash Resistance (Overrides Strongest Muscles). Enhances your unarmored weapon (aka Bare Fists) with Spiritual scaling (70% STR, 40% SAN). You also receive no damage from utilizing Sharp Claws. Furthermore, you gain the Pounce skill.

Pounce
Cost:
 8 FP / 3M Target: Enemy Only
Area: Single Range: 5
Leap into the air and perform a Basic Attack upon an enemy. If the attack is a critical hit there is a chance to inflict Lingering Damage 15 LVL.
(I just like unique playstyles that can come from traits. And the idea of being more bestial and relying on one's claws and instincts seem cool to me.)

Maybe I'll add more later! Dev might implement one of these ideas...
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes catabur's post:
  • Yogripper