Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aquamancer Spell: Hydroportation
This is just my suggestion for a teleportation-like spell/skill for at least one of the Curate classes. The lack of it isn't bad when you combo a Curate class with another class. But when you are a Destiny Curate, the lack of one can get quite painful...especially when surrounded by things like stalagmites.

Quote:Hydroportation

While standing on a body of water, you sink into it and re-emerge at a nearby source of water. Using it should not break any Curate Evocations.

Type: Utility
Max Rank: 3
Domain: Aquarian
Range: 6/7/8
M usage: 3
FP usage: 13/14/15
Targeting: Single
Cooldown: 1 Turn

Aqua Crest: If LVL 9, the maximum range you can teleport is increased by 1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ignis Cavea's post:
  • sirtrex
I'd be down for this for sure. Not too strong and flavorful
Given how it needs water, It be probably fine as a 1M move, honestly.
a conditional movement ability is probably fine for Aquamancer to have, mainly the thing that holds back destiny curate from being as good as it can be is just that the class combo very notably doesn't have any mobility skills, and is kind of the balancing factor of LB/Priest as a whole, Aquamancer though has less healing and I'd consider to be a bit more offensive orientated.
I honestly feel like making it 1m would be a mistake. Curate classes aren't supposed to be highly mobile... At the same time, and this would basically give them a 4m movement skill that can also deal damage with water dragon. On the other hand, it isn't very good at 3m unless you use it to go in with water dragon. Alternatively, could be okay with certain dark water abilities, namely spamming black bubble, eventually making the battlefield yours to navigate.

Ultimately, I think for the sake of class balance, it's good to stay at 3m. However, I think it would be okay to make it only require the target tile to have water, not the origin tile as well. If you make it 1m you're making it a spicier blink which throws the class balance out of whack. Again there's a reason why curate doesn't have a lot of mobility. It's their weakness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • sirtrex
(04-08-2024, 01:46 AM)Poruku Wrote: I honestly feel like making it 1m would be a mistake. Curate classes aren't supposed to be highly mobile... At the same time, and this would basically give them a 4m movement skill that can also deal damage with water dragon. On the other hand, it isn't very good at 3m unless you use it to go in with water dragon. Alternatively, could be okay with certain dark water abilities, namely spamming black bubble, eventually making the battlefield yours to navigate.

Ultimately, I think for the sake of class balance, it's good to stay at 3m. However, I think it would be okay to make it only require the target tile to have water, not the origin tile as well. If you make it 1m you're making it a spicier blink which throws the class balance out of whack. Again there's a reason why curate doesn't have a lot of mobility. It's their weakness.

Mmm, kind of why I suggested that the origin tile have water to, to at least keep the aspect of mobility not being the strong point of Curates, that, and so it isn't 'to' useful for non-Curate classes when comboing with Aquamancer. The idea is at least so Destiny Curate has, well, at least some way to get around other than walking. I am pretty sure every other Destiny has something similar, either for their base class or for a promotion class.

Let me tell you. When fighting Midas, and being surrounded by Stalagmites suddenly...it is definitely worse than it would be for any other Destiny, since you legitimately don't don't have a way to get out other than either having some kind of movement racial(which not everyone does), or manually attacking the stalagmites, since you discover that Water Dragon definitely doesn't remove the Stalagmites like one would think.
Considering ranger has this, for 1m, for plant tiles which are easier to make. . .I'd say this'd be fine. And 1m is also fine. Though I guess if it isn't breaking invocations, maybe not?

Or maybe it has a cooldown like blink, and is 1m.

Either way I think it'd feel cool!
could just consume a few crests if really needed, to be a cheap teleport. Though I really think water tiles are a lot harder to set up in the way you want them.

They are almost exclusively tied to your offensive. Meaning you aren't really going to use it to kite/teleport away, cause that's just not worth the setup for. If the condition stays that you also have to stay on the water, I think that could be a cool neat extra, opening up Lorelei melee combos. I am all for that stuff.

I doubt that be a problem. 3 M is almost not worth it, from the flow of combat, making it like..a 6 M set and then you move for another 3? The only reason would be the invocation keep, but once people know that, they can still play around it and maybe not move right next to a puddle, which you usually do not want to do cause dancing waters anyway. I at least think it is fine.
3m to either use it when on water tile to teleport to any tile in range Or teleport onto a water tile when not on one
1m to teleport to a water tile from a water tile.

this mirrors the dichotomy that is void gates
[-] The following 4 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Ignis Cavea, Poruku, Shujin, sirtrex
(04-08-2024, 12:28 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: 3m to either use it when on water tile to teleport to any tile in range Or teleport onto a water tile when not on one
1m to teleport to a water tile from a water tile.

this mirrors the dichotomy that is void gates

I honestly like that. An advantage for doing it on water, but not a necessity to do it at all.