Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firebird Variety
generally, most firebirds i see are either fire and ice- and for what i feel is a simple reason,

the way ignite power works

so, fire gets cinder, and ice gets ice sheets, and elemental impacts, for something such as cyclone spear, will create those for you- however, for earth, wind, and lightning, elemental impacts do not create those tiles for them, as they need plants, air shafts, and light shafts

i feel like it'd be a simple change, that will give a chance for firebirds to use other elements, to have it so that elemental impacts for duelist skills- or at the very least cyclone spear, be changed to the tiles that ignite power asks for, i don't think this would really impact balance too negatively, or be too huge of a buff- for lightning firebird, you can already go priest and make as many light shafts as you want

but a change like this could make ignite power work on earth, wind, and lightning, without needing a particular class

pls dev. pls make this a reality, even if it's only cyclone spear that does this
Kestrel Dive is supposed to alleviate this slightly, all forms of Firebird are pretty viable to run now I'd say, with only Lightning lagging behind a little bit.
I feel like lightning could cook better if we make static tiles also count for ignite power and add them to a few impacts.
Static tiles sounds pretty awesome. Maybe just a one-time damage when you walk into it or it's created, then it disappears. Would give it a niche as a tile effect. Light shafts for ignite power lightning sounds just wrong. Though firebird with curate sub and mass brighten is in fact quite good
It's because back then we didn't have Static Tiles. Best thing to do is just add them to the pool of possibilities rather than swap one for another. So Lightning benefits from both Light Shards and Static Tiles.

That'd be the necessary improvement to make Lightning 'catch up', as per Autumn said up there. Since it would make the element more versatile, and have twice as many probabilities to meet randomly with a tile it can use to empower itself.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Earth impact creating a bunch of flowers from cyclone spear is pretty hilarious, time to play the spicy firebird ranger