Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pity Me
[Image: ovbuFJh.png]
[Image: XHqGwGA.png]
[Image: UlyUc6l.png]

When an item you would find very fun drops in 1 update, you feel very compelled to grind it out no matter what it takes, or buy it from whoever may get one, the issue is when luck doesn't favor you or even everyone else for that matter, personally I have been banging my head against the wall for 12 days now trying to get a Tarnada (I even have the money to buy it if people got it, but no one has one to spare!), I've spent several hours each day to an unhealthy degree just playing slots for a 1% chance, I've spent roughly 400 dark shards on this fight or what is equivalent to roughly 130 lvl 60 AND 70 fights, and so far all I've got to show for it is an infighter gi.

This is my complaining phase over, I think if you're just not absurdly lucky, grinding for an item you specifically want for your build can take days, weeks, maybe even months depending on how rare that item can be.

There needs to be some kind of pity system in place in my opinion, commonly seen in MMOs are just the ability to obtain tokens from grinding out the content that would get you the loot in the first place, so that bad luck doesn't screw you over if you just hardline dedicate on something. It doesn't have to be a good exchange rate, just A exchange rate would do so that eventually bad luck gets snuffed out.

I am exhausted and tilted from trying to grind Tarnada, I might not do much more later, but please consider this anyway.
[-] The following 8 users Like Autumn's post:
  • caliaca, Collector, Entropy, Fern, Lonestar, Poruku, Trexmaster, zericosmic
save her
[-] The following 1 user Likes Entropy's post:
  • Poruku
A lot of things in this game could afford to have a more deterministic method of acquiring.

Having the Dark Amplifier rematches award said means would be appropriate, and dark shards (as if they weren't already) would be solidified as a gold standard currency since it can actually get things you want universally.

Just allowing some way of getting the 10*s locked behind the rematches would be nice though, even if we have plenty of other items that are still locked behind a massively bloated universal drop table.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trexmaster's post:
  • Autumn
A cool idea I'd be all for, I just have reservations about this turning into an overabundance of 10 stars through people who just make the rounds all the time without any desire for something specific amassing enough pity points to flood the market.

The points should obviously be untradable, but I don't think that would solve that concern either. Maybe the items being untradable so pity is for you and you alone? First time quest items are untradable after all.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
LET'S GO GAMBLING!!
Bring

Her

Home
as someone that's once spent about 4 whole days trying to grind a 10* i agree the rng can get frustratingly absurd
save us from gacha hell (or at least let us pay up like trex suggested)

Maybe being able to spend Cypelle to buy a 10* related to the encounter after defeating the Tier 3 boss might not be a bad idea?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
After my own hell grinding for an MLM it'd be stupid to not throw my full agreement here.
I do feel like these drop rates are insane. We really need some way to grind specific items deterministically
Even Gachas nowadays have things to pad for the pure RNG. Like for example, in Limbus Company, you can choose to gamble away your currency, or you can grind over and over ad nauseum in a dungeon for 'shards' that, once you have enough, you can put together into the thing you could've gotten at its usual boosted 0.0315% chance on banners.

It could be related to Murai, Raremetal Shards, Gold and Cyphelle, maybe.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]