Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Focus on the Focus
A trait that requires 20 WIL that, on looking at someone's equipment section of their profile, lets you see how much focus they have in comparison to your own. Mind, not max FP, but just FP-to-FP comparison. It would not give exact numbers, but it would show a comparison roughly as the following:

0%: You're surprised that this is even a person in front of you. You sense absolutely nothing from them.
From 1% to 24%: Their focus is barely noticeable amidst the flow of your own.
From 25% to 49%: Their focus is much lesser than yours.
From 50% to 69%: They have a lot less focus than you do.
From 70% to 89%: They have a bit less focus than you do.
From 90% as much FP to 110%: They seem to have roughly the same amount of focus as you do.
From 111 to 130%: They have a bit more focus than you do.
From 131% to 150%: They have a lot more focus than you do.
From 151% to 200%: Their focus is much greater than yours.
From 201% to 499%: Their focus is overwhelming in comparison to yours...
For 500% and above: You can barely feel your own focus around the storm this person exudes.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Blissey, Caboozles, Miller, Poruku, Shujin
Cute idea. Hearkens back to SL1.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Sounds awesome
finally, the true heal counter
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Feels like it takes away some agency from players to describe their Focus levels. I like the idea overall, though. If it does get implemented, however, I'd like a toggle or a counter-trait that lets the person being observed mask their Focus in some kind of way.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blissey's post:
  • zericosmic
(07-15-2024, 01:20 AM)Blissey Wrote: Feels like it takes away some agency from players to describe their Focus levels. I like the idea overall, though. If it does get implemented, however, I'd like a toggle or a counter-trait that lets the person being observed mask their Focus in some kind of way.
Ooh, that'd be fun. Perhaps for 20 WIL and 20 RES? For a thought, do you think it would it be better for it to show the "zero focus" message, or a unique message, along the lines of "You attempt to assess their focus, but your reach in the waves is obstructed- deliberately."
(07-15-2024, 05:39 AM)Sawrock Wrote:
(07-15-2024, 01:20 AM)Blissey Wrote: Feels like it takes away some agency from players to describe their Focus levels. I like the idea overall, though. If it does get implemented, however, I'd like a toggle or a counter-trait that lets the person being observed mask their Focus in some kind of way.
Ooh, that'd be fun. Perhaps for 20 WIL and 20 RES? For a thought, do you think it would it be better for it to show the "zero focus" message, or a unique message, along the lines of "You attempt to assess their focus, but your reach in the waves is obstructed- deliberately."
Maybe something more vague, such as, "You can't clearly define the depths of this person's Focus..."
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blissey's post:
  • Sawrock
Oh joy.

Another trait. That if you want to counter it.

You have to have a trait.

It's quiet person all over again.
(07-15-2024, 10:22 PM)Rendar Wrote: Oh joy.

Another trait. That if you want to counter it.

You have to have a trait.

It's quiet person all over again.
Actually, I would think it best if there were infinite of these traits that could be applied in layers- for example, if you took the counter trait twice but someone took the focus sense trait three times, it cancels out your traits. Or better yet, after you’ve run out of trait points it also lets you use LE inks to stack even further.
This doesn't compare to quiet person. Quiet person hinders roleplay, while this one only adds to it. Knowing someone's focus levels doesn't actually do anything for you mechanically

Also yeah we should have a similar trait to see how many inks they spent in stat points, using vague messages like "this person has a mysterious power to them"