Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elemental Resist Items
I think that, currently, elemental resist items are too wildly balanced in their effectiveness. So here are some ideas to bring them into (in my opinion) better balance.

DISCLAIMER: Evokers are not the only (or best) mages in the game. Nor are they the only class that deals elemental damage. Big numbers aren't the best.

Cloak of Many Colors
8-15% Resistance to Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning
Impressive defense, magical defense, dodge.
Unarmored.

One of the worst offenders right here. It's much too strong for what it is.

Suggestion: Turn the roll range down to 2-4%, or plain 4%. Decrease the defense.

Irisgold/Wynesfelt/Mayelia/Zwellraus
30% Light, Earth, Fire, Water resistance, respectively
Decent defense, good magical defense. Semi-usable bonus effects.
Light Armor

Slightly underused, but the elemental resistance is much too strong, especially compared to resistance items/accessories. The armor type does absolutely nothing at the moment

Suggestion: Give the items a roll range from 10-15%, or a plain resistance of 10%.

Beldam Aegis/Blue Iron Shield/Fossil Shield
10-30% Lightning/Darkness/Earth resistance, respectively
Defense bonus with a penalty to Celerity.
Access to Guard.

These take the almighty Hand slot, yes. But along with their power to Guard, are slightly too powerful. Only slightly.

Suggestion: Give the items a roll range from 15-20%, or a plain resistance of 15%. Potentially 20%.

Maid's Uniform/Swimsuit

5% Resistance to Fire, Ice, Water. 10% Resistance to Water.
Otherwise unimpressive.

Absolutely no one uses these, due to how well the other elemental resistance items function. I'm using these to base my current ideas off of.

Suggestion: Nothing. Potentially boost the defense/magical defense/dodge to make them more viable.

Firewalkers/Mountain Boots/Gumshoes/Void Walkers/Shackles
10-30% Resistance to Fire/Ice/Earth/Darkness/Water.
Gumshoes are not naturally findable currently, and the one instance of them have no material and 25% Earth resistance.
Foot slot.

The Foot slot is not a very important slot, though these items do nothing else and only give resistance to one element.

Suggestion: Turn the resistances down to a roll of 10-25%, or a solid 25%.

Umbrella/Scarf/Sylph Cloak/Isespian Charm/Sunglasses
10-30% Resistance to Water/Ice/Wind/Earth/Light
Accessory Slot

Accessory Slots are slightly more important than the foot slot, but there are two of them. I believe that puts them in the same category, as these items also have no bonus.

Suggestion: Turn the resistances down to a roll of 10-25%, or a solid 25%
I think everything is fine as is. Even on characters that are meant to tank magic, I've seen damage numbers exceed 200s. Evokers may not be the strongest in terms of utility anymore, they still do more damage than any other class.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I agree with Grandpa, mages still do a lot of damage, not to mention Evokers have a lot of damage types to work with.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6741#p6741 Wrote:Sawrock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:43 am[/url]"]not to mention Evokers have a lot of damage types to work with.
This. I don't believe that elemental resistances currently need a nerf. It's common sense that if an enemy is resisting an element, try another. It's possible to resist everything to some degree, but even if a character devotes all of their equipment to resisting all elements, there are bound to be gaps in that defense somewhere. Mages are able to use many more damage types at once than melee, and they should be making use of them. Sorry, but spamming favorites doesn't cut it.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
I'll just say that it's possible to have 25%+ for every magical element at the same time.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6743#p6743 Wrote:MegaBlues » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:12 am[/url]"]I'll just say that it's possible to have 25%+ for every magical element at the same time.
Using what, exactly?
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Probably Sayakana and Golden Glow. Though that's 20%, not 25%. But you could easily get 5% for a lot of resists. So there is that but Golden Glow still needs to build up 30 Ki to make it function (which requires Aid Spam to quickly set up) and Sayakana needs a Rustic Weapon (which I guess isn't that big of a deal if you build around it).
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Sayakana should probably give 9% to all resists instead of 10% on doomed so that quest badges don't make most damage resistable.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Or.. maybe Golden Glow should just give 10% DR?
I would not punish people that go through the awful work (Especialy now since not alt-trading is actualy enforced, aka cheap people don't get to share their best equipment for this sort of setup) of getting that. It seems fine and doesn't completely negate any elemental damage, aka not instantly shutting down those its targetted againts.

I think it all is fine as it is.