Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Races] Elemental Impact Racial Traits
Could we perhaps get a trait later on (Or have it initially available) They makes Doriad's Flowers' Behaviors change based on what enchantment they are enchanted with? As well as the Papillion's butterflies?

These Elemental Versions would override their un-augmented counter parts, and offer the races in question a more predictable skill.

A Few suggestions I have for Papillion are:
In addition, when they are enchanted, maybe they can gain SKI equal to the Papillion's level solely for the purpose of them being able to hit their target?
[Nerhaven] The Butterflies and enshrouded in flames, causing them to cause burn on hit as well as burning a target when they are killed.
[Talvyd] The Butterfly illusions become more sporadic, causing them to push 1 square on hit as well as having a chance to knockdown the opponent when killed.
[Kraken] The Butterfly illusions are covered in an icey mist, causing them to have a chance to reduce momentum by 1 on hit. They also create ice sheets everywhere within 1 range when they are killed.
[Redgull] The Butterfly illusions spark wildly, causing them to have a chance to negate positive status effects on hit, as well as a chance to stun the enemy when they are killed.
[Galren]The Butterfly illusions exude strange green spores, causing them to have a chance to deal poison on hit, as well as a chance to blind when they are killed.

As for Doriads:
[Nerhaven]Flowers summoned by the Doriad are always Gold Rays. In addition, at max size, the flowers deal fire damage to all enemies within effect range
[Talvyd]Flowers summoned by the Doriad are always Hidden Violets, in addition at max size, the flowers deal wind damage to all enemies within range
[Kraken]Flowers summoned by the Doriad are always Shy Snow Flowers, in addition at max size, the flower deal ice damage to all enemies within effect range
[Redgull]Flowers summoned by the Doriad are always Hollyvynd, in addition at max size, the flowers deal lightning damage to all enemies within effect range.
[Galren]Flowers summoned by the Doriad are always Copusles, in addition at max size, the flowers deal earth damage to all enemies within effect range.

To be honest, I'm not 100% on the Doriad effects I suggested, which is also part of the reason why I made this topic for us all to discuss this idea.
Those sound pretty neat tbh. Not too sure about the damage from max sized flowers but if it's low enough I don't think it'll be an issue.
+1
Banquet

[Nerhaven] The vampire boils the target's blood with the essence of fire, inflicting Burn status with a LV equal to the amount of Essence gained from the bite.
[Talvyd] Supernaturally quickened with the essence of wind, the vampire suffers no hit penalty when using Banquet, even if she's in front of her victim.
[Kraken] Made cold as the night by the essence of ice, the vampire chills the veins of her target, reducing their Move by her Level/10. There is no escaping the night.
[Redgull] Crackling with the essence of lightning, the vampire gains +25% critical chance when using Banquet. In addition, critical hits with Banquet multiply the Essence gained by 1.5.
[Galren] Fortified by the essence of earth and stone, the vampire gains Essence equal to the ~greater~ of her own or her target's VIT, instead of the lesser. In addition, Banquets from behind lower the target's DEF and RES by the vampire's Level/10, for 3 rounds.

The damage type of Banquet changes to match the vampire's currently active enchantment spell.
Vampires are powerful enough, they don't need this as much as the two races originally suggested do.

But yes, yes, fuck yes please Dev...
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Not about who needs it. It's about how wonderful it would be.
I don't like the Papilion suggestion at all. The butterflies are already a menace for melee fighters. No reason to give "STUN!" or "KNOCKDOWN!" upon their death.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=418#p418 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:51 pm[/url]"]I don't like the Papilion suggestion at all. The butterflies are already a menace for melee fighters. No reason to give "STUN!" or "KNOCKDOWN!" upon their death.

I'm in agreement, the idea is neat and all. But none of these suggestions really click with me, to me it's just a sure way to get a certain status/debuff for mages as that certain race.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=423#p423 Wrote:Miller » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:51 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=418#p418 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:51 pm[/url]"]I don't like the Papilion suggestion at all. The butterflies are already a menace for melee fighters. No reason to give "STUN!" or "KNOCKDOWN!" upon their death.

I'm in agreement, the idea is neat and all. But none of these suggestions really click with me, to me it's just a sure way to get a certain status/debuff for mages as that certain race.

You realize Papillion was originally supposed to be a Mage Debuff class, right? In fact, Papillions were also supposed to summon flowers, but instead of it being a class, it got split into two races. Papillion, and Doriad.

You realize how easy it is to bypass them, right?

Their stats are all 1. Easy dodge, easy defend, easy to not be affected by them at all unless triggered, which is simple. DON'T ATTACK THEM or TURN OFF RIPOSTE.
They only affect people in melee range.
You don't have to attack them.
They die when the Papillion is defeated.
They cost the Papillion 10 FP to cast or dispell, which is a total of 20 and still pretty bad for Mages to spend that much.
They cost 1M at start, and 2M if you cast another or dispell that same one, which is still 3M total and not worth the attempt.
Their status effects are easily negated (minus charm) or immune by certain races. Even charm can be bypassed if you're out of level range.
Don't even mention Aposemagicka, that skill is not worth the time to nearly die just to get +6 to Spell Power (at lv 60 only) and summon a butterfly every round for 6 rounds, which is still a totl of 6 butterflies, and they can spawn all the way across the map and waste time getting to you which you'd have to defeat the Papillion before they did.

The main reason I agree with this is because of how lack luster the butterflies are. They're decent, but generally for PvE. In a PvP scenario, they're jokes, just jokes. Sure, some of the effects can be changed, but there's honestly nothing wrong with buffing them at all, even in the slightest. Otherwise in a PvP scenario, they're a waste of FP and just general suicide if you try to use Aposemagicka. If anything, you only get buffed ones for 3 - 4 turns at most during the start of battle due to auto-enchant. Otherwise they'll do almost nothing because of the fact nobody uses enchanting spells outside of auto-enchant because it's too much M / FP cost for such a small and DANGEROUS effect.

Even with Redgull the enemy Papillion will be risking heavy fire damage. Hey, they have a red letter? That's why I use ice spells mainly and have a back-up element.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Charm, Stun, Knockdown, Blind. These are debilitating status effects. For 1 momentum, you to can knockdown your foe if they have riposte.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=428#p428 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:44 pm[/url]"]Charm, Stun, Knockdown, Blind. These are debilitating status effects. For 1 momentum, you to can knockdown your foe if they have riposte.

Then perhaps suggest different effects? I can agree some of them are horrible, but don't knock the entire idea out just because of that.

Besides, they already get Blind as is. Currently they conduct, Charm, Blind, Poison, and Fear. Two of which are curable (Poison & Fear), three of which are immune to by certain races (All but charm). One of which doesn't work if the enemy is over your level by a certain amount (Charm).

If anything, make it an extremely low % chance to inflict enchanted statuses. Hell 6% is honestly low enough (6 because everything Papillion is 6), it's not common enough to happen every kill, and would always be element dependent.

Also, on top of this, some of these are based off Status Infliction Chance, which could go either way based off Enemy Status Infliction % vs Your Status Resistance %.

You have more than enough Status Resistance buffs to make it a battle to even inflict you in the first place.

Base Status Resistance
Warding Cloth
Anti-Status Trait
Fairy Ring (30% with all 3 fairies)

Etc, etc..