Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Races] Elemental Impact Racial Traits
Hey! Thanks everyone for your feedback on my Papillion Suggestion. Though I'd also enjoy a bit more ideas on the Doriad suggestion as well.

As for whether or not the Papillion suggestion is unneeded at all, I'd like to debate that.

First off, Let's look at Papillion's as they are now. Currently, for 10 FP and 1 M (As Ryu stated) one can summon a butterfly illusion at an empty space within 3 Range. For another 10 FP and 2 M, they can detonate that butterfly and deal 1 of 5 Status effects to the enemy within melee range of the butterfly. Let's say you're a melee attacker. I'm looking to stop you in your tracks with one of my many status effects. Whether it be by you riposte-ing them or me detonating them, it requires a bit of setting up.

As I'm typing this I just realized you -can't- even detonate these butterflies (Whether this may be a bug or not), which means the only way they can be effected is if you attack them. So then, you riposte them by chance, bam, 1 random status. There's a -Chance- this Melee attacker will suffer the crippling and debilitating blind. Or they could suffer they horrible terrible charm. Or they could be hit with Fear, which would also a bit awful for them. Poison would be bad, but it's something you can ignore as a melee attacker (Espeically since all of these status effects are LV 3, which means that this poison deals a whopping 9 damage). Silence is practically ineffective against melee attackers, unless they're a Spellsword or something.

With that said, there's a 3/5 chance of debilitating the melee attackers -basic- attacks. Even then, only two of those status effects completely shut down their basic attacks. In addition, these status effects only last 2 Turns at most. And unless these melee attackers are completely uneducated about the nifty feature known as "Using Skills", this hardly stops them from dealing tons of damage on the unsuspecting little papillion that decided to waste their FP and Momentum on a status effect that has a -very- slight chance to occur on them, assuming they have riposte (Which not every melee class has, by the way). I'm not even including the fact that these status effects could also probably be remedied that very same turn with a slight look into ones item belt.

Taking all of this into consideration, I have determined that butterflies are no more than a slight PvE hindrance, and are entirely too unpredictable to be anything more than but a -slight- distraction. (since it's not always guaranteed enemies will go after said butterflies). In PvP they're practically useless in my eyes, seeing as the only slight threat they pose are to melee attackers who have riposte. And even then, it's way too much risk for way too little reward.

TL;DR: Butterflies are insigificant. Anyone who's really stomped cold by them as they are now must not have played the game very long at all.

EDIT: This is also a -trait- idea. Something that you have to spend a trait point to acquire to buff up your class.

EDIT #2: Also, back onto the subject of the elemental effects, I was thinking maybe specificying the chance for the status effects being inflicted be equal to Character Level/6?

As for Doriad Flower Damage, maybe it could work the same? Character Level/6?