Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel Mulligan
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=1197

This made me realize, why do you only expend weapon charges on a successful hit? Even on a missed attack, you would have logically swung your weapon with full force.

I suggest that Excel Weapons lose all of their charges when attacking at all, even if the attack was a miss.
While I like this idea, I don't think it would make much sense. Yes you're swinging full force, but that doesn't mean you're hitting the floor or something. The idea of an excel charge expending on hit is probably that way for a reason. Unless excel weapons are just full on copies of certain weapons from a certain demon hunting series, in which case they should be doing an entire separate damage type.

TL;DR, it's a good idea but I don't think it fits the idea of the weapon.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
(As far as I remember), According to the weapon description, Excel weapons are just weapons with engines in them. So when you swing the weapon, you're using the weapon charges to make it go faster.

Therefore, whether you hit or miss, you already used the power to swing. That's where I'm coming from.
I'm all for balancing Excel weapons, but, slapping a huge penalty on a miss will just make people resort to using them with methods to auto-hit you. It doesn't really address the problem, it just limits what people will try to use it with.

As it stands, dodging an Excel weapon is the only 'hard' counter that exists beyond stacking resistances to physical and wind damage, so this wouldn't really change anything. If anything, you're better off not discouraging Excel users from attacking with a non-guaranteed success chance.
"Any Excel Item Description" Wrote:By charging up the weapon, it can explosively spend the focus energy when it strikes an enemy, greatly increasing damage.

The only one you could make an argument for is probably the Sniper, since it fires a bullet, but I'm going to go with the excuse that it's magic.