Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Low for Bows
Changing weapon types to Bow from Mutated Jammer Cores does not let you use keyshot with such. In addition, longdraw does not affect the range of basic attacks.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
So one thing that I think is important to understand is that the mutation does not change your weapon's attack type, which is why it doesn't work with Longdraw. However, it not working with Keyshot probably shouldn't be the case, so I've made some significant changes to better catch all of the passives to damage/crit/etc for weapon types and hopefully didn't break anything in the process.
So mutation only should affect passives?
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
It should let you use the weapon for the appropriate skill types it changes into, as well. The only thing off the top of my idea that is intentionally not shifted is Claret Call won't work for guns but will work for everything else, even if the weapon in question is mutated. Same for Flank. (Or shouldn't, anyway)
I think the idea is that despite being a bow now, that Deadly Smile still 'works the same way' as it did before, meaning
it still does a melee attack with a range of 1.

Personally, what I would like some clarification on, is whether tomes keep their WIL scaling when transformed into
another weapon type, and whether they still add to your spell power.
I don't think they do. Items mutated into tomes should, but you'll have to test this after the update to be sure, due to the above adjustments.