Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil's Icons
Hi there, I'm back. I more or less got sidetracked with that whole drawing and writing thing, but that didn't mean I wasn't doing any icons. I'm still working on a few monsters, but I decided that I may as well do a few weapon icons to fill the gap between the wait. The sample list is below.

[Image: gr5OleX.png] [Image: 86QBrFF.png]

I've been trying some new outlining thing out where I sneakily insert a grey outline into certain icons. It's present in all of the tomes, the guitar, the box, and the fist weapon. I tried it with some of the other weapons, but I didn't like the end result. I've more or less learned that it only really works if the icon uses darker colours rather than bright, vibrant colours. And yes, in case you're wondering, that is a laser heart chainsaw greatsword with a pink bow. I spent more time than I should have making it, and I don't regret it at all.

Here you go.

.zip   Pack1.zip (Size: 5.13 KB / Downloads: 404)
All of these look extremely good, @~@. Teach me your black magic iconning.
Would ~love~ those tomes to be a thing.

From the top down, I see them as being water, fire, wind, earth and then purple is lightning
Gorgeous! Love the shading, the details... All of it!
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
That red blade and blue blade... Do I spy... Agni and Rudra?
[Image: tumblr_mv1s9gSOJl1rdt0g1o1_400.gif]
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Hi, I did some more stuff. Sorry about a distinct lack of icons as of late, I'm what could be called incredibly lazy. It doesn't take me long to make icons, but the amount of downtime between each icon grows more and more as I keep going...! In summary, I'm a butt. Putting that aside, I've done two sets of icons today. The sample lists are below.

[Image: IWkthEV.png]

The first set is a bunch of item icons, as per usual. While the one that obviously looks the shiniest is the cat badge-looking thing, the one that I spent the most time making was the teal-coloured sword. The reason for this was because, of course, I wanted to get the sheen on it just right. I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. Anyway, on to the next thing.

[Image: l4LMmhd.png]

Hey look, wings! I figured a little more variety for Papillions (in terms of wing choice) would probably be nice, so I did some wings. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do it for both bases (or just one base) so I ended up doing two icons for each set of wings: one for the male base provided, and one for the female base. Anyway, that's all I've got for now.

Until next time!

.zip   All This Stuff.zip (Size: 7.76 KB / Downloads: 367)
I told you to make wings on Skype, not pieces of art. Though they're really good and would be helpful to add diversity (since not everyone's illusions are the same) and make the males less... flamboyant.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Haha, you don't have to apologize, Cecil. You don't have any obligation to make icons and it's always a joy for me to come on the forums and see you posted something new. Thanks a lot.

I think maybe two of the wings you submitted will go to Papilions but one of them is too cool to waste on them when I could use them for a new race.

Oh, also, I don't think the base matters when it comes to things like wings. The only difference between the two is that males are very slightly wider(maybe?) and that their arms are shaped differently.

Thanks again.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2256#p2256 Wrote:Neus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am[/url]"]I could use them for a new race.
Ice Fairy confirmed.

Cecil da bes.
If only I could make good sprites.