Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaping Scythe and Defensive Skills
[Image: zL6SCt7.png]
This is Reaper Scythe, a Ghost skill that very rarely see any use. I propose that in addition to breaking the 'Guarding' effect, it also prevent defensive passives from triggering while 'Guard Break' is active.

It's very hard to defend yourself after your defenses just got shattered, right?

If you have any thoughts, please discuss them here.
So not only it does damage, it also increases damage taken for the next attack and removes your guard. That's almost crying madchop to the heavens.
Leaving defense passives untouched to avoid a free EI, (Because I don't really see why I couldn't stalemate you with my weapon when you knock aside my shield and I am not sure what else you want to justify as "defensive passive that you can't use because your just got your guard broken) ) I propose either a 1 momentum removal as "Staggering" (Two being a pretty much knockdown, unless you manage to crit with next attck, which makes it pretty damn strong) or something similiar to burn status, that your modded defense gets removed.
Don't forget that this is a magical autohit, which means that it's already pretty damn strong.

I think it could just use Weapon Power as well, then it'd be fine.
So let's see
Average 60 STR +12 +around 25
Magical autohit that does almost a hundred.
Along with the whole guard break, extra damage, etc.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7183#p7183 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:52 am[/url]"]So not only it does damage, it also increases damage taken for the next attack and removes your guard. That's almost crying madchop to the heavens.
Leaving defense passives untouched to avoid a free EI, (Because I don't really see why I couldn't stalemate you with my weapon when you knock aside my shield and I am not sure what else you want to justify as "defensive passive that you can't use because your just got your guard broken) ) I propose either a 1 momentum removal as "Staggering" (Two being a pretty much knockdown, unless you manage to crit with next attck, which makes it pretty damn strong) or something similiar to burn status, that your modded defense gets removed.

Note that Guard Break only lasts until the opponent moves again, which means it is at most two hits still mitigated by normal defense and resistance. Mad Chop also isn't proc against defensive passives save for Wraithguard(which procs on everything) and Body of Isesip(which also procs on everything)
This is of course saying that the Ghost didn't skip.

I would argue that Wraithguard, Stalemate and BoI should be affected by this, but I'm not reluctant to say that maybe Evasive Strike and Riposte should be counted in as well.

BoI is a special case however. I don't think it should count towards the end of it, but I do think the damage should bypass the complete negation.

I also agree with Blues that the attack itself is quite strong, so perhaps a raise in the cost of momentum is in order?
I don't recall this skill ever being considered strong, especially when characters that have over 50+ strength attack characters with very low defense and do only 25 damage max. Guard break as a status effect is nice, but it plus the very low damage the skill itself does (Along with making the target become unmarkable) make this skill weak. Not to mention the fact that the guard broken status is removed the next time the person guards (Next turn). This skill needs a buff of some kind, not an unnecessary nerf.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7199#p7199 Wrote:Grandpa » Mon May 11, 2015 12:22 pm[/url]"]I don't recall this skill ever being considered strong, especially when characters that have over 50+ strength attack characters with very low defense and do only 25 damage max.

Reaper Scythe does magic damage, not physical damage.

On another note, I will say that it probably should include the weapon power, given high power is one of the appeals of axes.
With the way that it makes them unmarkable only if it guard breaks, and the fact that it doesn't require guard to be used, makes it better off being used against someone that isn't guarding in the first place.

Just thought you should keep that in mind before changing anything.
I'd also say that if it does get the Weapon Power boost, it should no longer be an autohit.

Since high power should mean low accuracy, I think.
I agree with Mega.
A pretty much power gradiation for axes that's an autohit along with special effects to it isn't something that'd be anywhere near a good idea.