Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race: Naga
a bunch of people are yelling about how they wanted REAL snake people and so i am making a suggestion

Lore
i don't know what to put here, so patrons/whatever are left to DEVELOPER'S FREEDOM. Maybe something to do with the body-snatching serpent?
The Naga are a mostly humanoid race with two main distinctions--their slit pupils and their body from the leg down being that of a serpent. Their tails are lengthy, usually nearly 2.5x the length of their torso (though on rare occasions they can stretch as far as double that), and incredibly powerful.

Base Stats/Growths
STR: 25% / 5 base | Bonus to Strength because MASSIVE FUCKING MUSCLE TAILS.
WIL: 20% / 4 base
SKI: 20% / 4 base
CEL: 10% / 2 base | Their bulky tails make it harder for them to be agile.
DEF: 10% / 3 base | Torsos are still left open for attack.
RES: 30% / 6 base | The Naga's scales make them more resilient to magic. A gift from their patron, maybe??
VIT: 40% / 7 base
FAI: 0% / 0 base
LUC: 5% / 1 base | Snakes are typically considered bad omens, and Naga are no different.

Racial Skills
Reptilian: While the Naga aren't necessarily cold-blooded, their natural body temperature is much lower than that of a human, making them weaker to the cold. -60% Ice Resistance.

Serpent's Coil, 4m, 25 FP: If within one square of an opponent, you may bind and immobilize them with your tail for 2 rounds. Takes a hit check with +20 hit because YO TAIL IS SO BIG. If binded, evade is lowered by 50. However, if they deal damage to you greater than your VIT + STR in one hit, you will recoil and release them, dealing STR/4 unresistable blunt damage upon release. After this, they will resist the status for one round.

Serpent's Strangle, 1 or 2 TP, 3m, 15 FP: If an enemy has been binded for one turn, you might even begin to choke the air out of them with your tail, silencing them for 2 rounds. Deals 75% of STR blunt damage. Has a hit check.

Forked Tongue: The Naga's forked tongue gives it a certain familiarity with Draconic languages, boosting the power of any tomes it uses by level/6, to a minimum of 2.

Snake Senses: The Naga has that one snake gland thingy that senses heat, so even when blind, the Naga still has a pretty good idea as to where the enemy is. 20 hit is given back when blinded.

EDIT: thank you for the IMMEDIATE POSITIVE FEEDBACK. I'll work on a tail icon if Dev says anything maybe even slightly affirmative.
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing
Fund it.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7250#p7250 Wrote:JJKoshane » Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 pm[/url]"]Fund it.

Please. I am so ready for some real snake folks.

The only real critique I can provide is maybe making the whole bind thing only usable once per battle or once per 6 rounds or something. If they break out, that is. One round isn't too long of a recovery time.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
All my love for this idea, and I'd love to see it go through!
I cannot express my adoration enough.
I support this. I wouldn't mind if this became a thing.
Do it for the meme.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7254#p7254 Wrote:Poison2344 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:39 pm[/url]"]Do it for the meme.
No.
[Image: 692ed735e5a56bc5e34efcbd15eea92d.png]
1foot away from panderans 10/10
But seriously though. Was going to flame at-first, then read the actual suggestion. This is a yes.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Eh, the major problem would be that pants and shirt icons come as a 'set' and nagas with regular pants would look weird, but supported, or somethin'.
Could happen but obviously there are some conflicts with a few icon parts, and a lack of a snake tail base.