Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Clarification
For this question, I'm using a theoretical, but very common scenario.

Say a character of yours finds an item while dungeon diving, that can only be obtainable through cores or chests or such. However, that character cannot use this item, but an alt of yours can.

Another person has this exact same item on their character. So you propose the following: They give your alt this item, and then you give their character your item. Technically, you never proxy-traded, though the end effect is the same.

Is this against the rules? If so, why? If not, why?
Personally, I'd say that this isn't considered trading between alts. You are giving someone else your goods to get their goods, even if it's not specifically on the same character. Of course, other twinking rules apply; you shouldn't have someone hand over their Bodyguard to your level 10 (non-LE'd) alt.

Wait until Dev pipes in before you take my word for law, though.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
As long as it doesn't violate the rarity rule, this is technically allowed, although keep in mind it should still have RP supporting it, as this is an RP game. I think finding a valid RP reason for someone to give an item to an unrelated character, and you then giving that character an item for doing so would be very difficult.