Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Generation Hell
If you hover your cursor in the text box and place your caret anywhere, text generation causes major lag that delays the screen. It may also render the client unresponsive. If you want to test this yourself, place your caret somewhere on the text box during a string of text.

PS: This is a caret. http://i.imgur.com/WKPksBS.png
This is a BYOND issue and there's nothing I can really do about it. Usually this happens if you have text in the box selected and new text enters the screen, so just make sure nothing is selected in the text box if you don't want this to happen. You can always report it to BYOND too.
See, I keep getting comments like that, but I haven't dealt with this issue with other BYOND games I've played. Say the majority of these issues are strictly BYOND's fault, why not list them out and speak to whoever administers these updates. It don't think it'd be farfetched to have them assess your game.
It's probably because the game uses a background image instead of a flat color.
Would you be able make those related changes next update for further testing?
What related changes? I never talked about changing anything, and probably aren't, since this is such a minor problem.
It's not a minor issue when it renders the game client unresponsive if your caret rests in the chat box. Unintentional or not, it disrupts roleplay and other tasks. If using a flat color remedies a 'minor issue', then that's progress. I never implied you were changing anything. But do I need to bother asking again?