Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter's Bite Not Removing All Ice Resistance
Winter's bite does not shred all of a target's ice Resistance. It appears to instead reduce ice resistance by some fraction. The tests were done as follows:

One character equipped all of the ice resistance he could, bringing him to 99% ice resistance. I used winter's bite, then cast ice spells at them. The 'Resist!' message remained when the person had 99%, 65%, and 32% ice resistance. Only once I used winter's bite on someone with precisely 25% ice resistance, did the resist message go away. We also used Intensify Cold in addition to Winter's Bite, and did not get the 'Weak!' message when Ice Resistance was very high. (50+)

This bug is very strange, because at 25% winter's bite removed the resist prompt, but turned a Libegrande's damage from 80 to 92. If you take into account the fact that Winter's Bite increases ice damage by 5 at max rank, that means Winter's bite only realistically removed 7 damage. By that reasoning, it only could have taken away 10% ice resistance. However, at much higher resistances (50+ again), it seemed to remove somewhere in the field of 40%.

I don't know HOW it's messing things up, but it seems to scale very disproportionately to the target's ice resistance.
Needs more details, preferably damage totals, spells used, skill ranks, etc.
More precise details:

Resistance Stat of Target: 22
Casting Rank 1 Libegrande with 82 will
[Image: 8DOvRiG.png]
This should be corrected.