Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Query] Medibot AI
Medibot's description says it heals the closest ally.

Medibot's ACTUAL behavior is that it "locks on" to an ally, so long as that ally is in range. An ally that gets closer to the Medibot on the next turn will be ignored. The original target needs to leave the Medibot's range for Re-allocation to take place, and considering the short range of Repair/Overclock, this basically means the Medibot is obsessed with it' creator 9 times out of 10, slaughtering it's viability as an asset to teammates.

Is this intentional?
*loud burp*
Are you sure? From what I can see it should be picking the nearest ally to the Medibot. Needs screenshots and more testing.
I'll take screenshots next time I play one of my engineers.

Until then, here is something I encounter regularly:

Battle Map:
---------
MA

P
----------

Player (P) is 2 spaces away from Medibot (M) while Metalaegis (A) is one space away from Medibot.

Turn 1: Player places Medibot and Overclocks it.
Turn 2: Player Skips to lure enemies in closer. Medibot heals player. Player places Metalaegis once enemies are close.
Turn 3: Metalaegis takes damage. Medibot heals player (who is already at maximum hp, and furthest target.) Maybe Medibot just doesn't repair bots, right?
Turn 4: Player moves out of Medibot's range. Medibot turns it's attention to Metalaegis. No, it works on bots.

I'll try to get screenshots of this scenario later tonight.
*loud burp*
Screenshot:

http://i.gyazo.com/66f5f2abae65c3e711991...8c88.pngot
*loud burp*