Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTE Fishing
So, I assume that this was an update to make SL2 more interactive, or more gamey, or whatever. But it introduced a cumbersome mechanic and did nothing to compensate for it, making fishing more of a chore overall.

Maybe it's just me, but often, the game refuses to recognize inputs, or lags when doing so. This means it's impossible to know whether or not that key you just pressed wasn't registered, or the game was lagging behind. Which leads to failed QTEs. Which leads to frustration, due to it not always being the player's fault.

This wouldn't be a problem in and of itself if you didn't have to wait for what feels like an eternity for the next QTE to pop up. So I have a few different ideas to make fishing more pleasant overall.

1. Only have QTE fishing during the fishing contest.

2. Keep QTE fishing permanently, but extremely reduce the waiting time for the QTE to pop up. Maybe around half a second.

3. Make the QTEs optional. Failing could give the fisher a single fish, while succeeding could give the fisher multiple fish in one go.

I believe that any of these suggestions, or a combination of them, would help to balance out fishing's effort/reward distribution.
Or he could raise the sale price of the fish, making it actually worth the trouble/time.
You don't have to 100% the inputs to get a fish, but each failed input increases the chance for it to get away. (Unentered inputs count as failed ones).
I don't really see what that has to do with the suggestion.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7671#p7671 Wrote:Neus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:59 am[/url]"]You don't have to 100% the inputs to get a fish, but each failed input increases the chance for it to get away. (Unentered inputs count as failed ones).
This does nothing to counteract when someone has such horrible latency that they cannot even get one input in, or the QTE part just flies right past them.

Implement an option to give an automatic (and maybe randomized) result when fishing. Bad connectivity shouldn't automatically exclude people from this kind of activity.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Yeah, I've had instances where the game denied my input long enough to force me to auto-fail a QTE, or denied one or two keys, thus resulting in the input it -did- recieve to be inaccurate, thus, again, causing a failure I had little control over. (I.E. I get an up left right QTE, hit those keys, then it denies my up and inputs left and right, causing two failures.)

Even a short lag spike can be enough to jump-start the countdown to the point where it receiving all your inputs in time just isn't possible, or, if it does get any, they're either not the right ones, or it didn't receive enough of them.

If all else fails, just make the timer slightly longer than what it currently is (5 seconds seems fair to me).