Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negating Negation
So Negation pretty much innately gives you Critical immunity no matter what your stats are, and doesn't have a requirement other than using BK.

Quote:[4:06:17 PM] Kei: negative crit
[4:06:25 PM] Fern: negation op?
[4:06:46 PM] Kei: 72 ski 37 luc
[4:06:52 PM] Kei: 50% crit weapon
[4:07:03 PM] Fern: 39 DEF 31 LUC 11 FAI
[4:07:25 PM] Fern: 105 crit evade?
[4:07:41 PM] Fern: ...
[4:07:41 PM] Fern: vs 104 crit
This should probably get toned down a bit, maybe 5 per rank instead of 10?
How about making it a reduction instead?

Example:

Rank 5 Negation, 50% reduction

If someone has 60% critical on a target, and that enemy has negation, it becomes 30% instead (applies after critical evade).
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I say keep it as-is, personally.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Doesn't appear to require heavy armor. Could make that a requirement like some other BK moves. That way, you're not going to spec into BK as a flimsy mage just because 'hey free crit immunity'.
Have it only work with heavy armor at full.

Medium armor is 75% usability.
Light is 50%
Unarmored gives 25%

That way it shits on itself if you try to be 'cool' with no armor on.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7697#p7697 Wrote:Rendar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:46 am[/url]"]Have it only work with heavy armor at full.

Medium armor is 75% usability.
Light is 50%
Unarmored gives 25%

That way it shits on itself if you try to be 'cool' with no armor on.

There is no medium armor, so it would be more like 100% in Heavy Armor, 66% in Light Armor, 33% with Unarmored. :geek:

But in seriousness, 50 Critical Evade is way too much for an innate with no strings attached. Even with the armor stipulation, that's too much. Halving it would make it more comparable to Critical Boosting innates.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Shhh. SHHH SLY.

TREX TOLD ME AFTER.

But yeah, like. 66-33% sounds good. Or just flat out 100, 50, 0.
I don't think limiting it to certain armor types is a good idea by any means.

Maybe tie it in to Black Wind instead?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7700#p7700 Wrote:Soapy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:07 am[/url]"]I don't think limiting it to certain armor types is a good idea by any means.

Maybe tie it in to Black Wind instead?

Black Knights shouldn't be frail, easy to crit bitches when they didn't use a black wind invoking move. Why is limiting an anti-critical passive to heavy armor a bad idea? Shouldn't the hulking, iron-clad knight be far tougher to backstab than some joker with a gun who used forced move one turn?
No, I think someone hulking and ironclad would actually be easier to backstab, due to being slower and having a bigger back. Besides, have any of you actually read the skill?

Bringing real-world logic into balance aside, that wouldn't solve the problem of crit immunity for 5 SP; it'd just severely limit class combos, and make things like Berserker Shell/Light Armor even worse options.