Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tome Smack
"Ranylyn" Wrote:I'm not saying you have no points. I definitely was a bit fast in saying "at all ever" since not everyone is prepared for everything. But I -AM- saying that you still have WAY too many options with 6M when your opponent is bludgeoning you with a book whose purpose is to reduce your M, versus just casting at you from afar instead.

The point is that a special attack (which, for almost every other circumstance besides tome smack is not extraordinarily powerful) is grossly crippling, to the point where it is sometimes BETTER than knockdown. For example, mage versus mage and both have exhausted charged mind. If you run up and tome smack the other mage, either both mages have to get into a 1 turn tome smack only fight, or one mage gets 80 blunt damage in addition to a spell, while the other mage only gets a spell.

If you're fighting against a priest user, good luck overcoming tome smack + graft unless you have fleur.

If you're a tank, and you've managed to outlast any number of spells thrown at you, good luck out damaging tome smack + elemental tome attack with your one action.

You may have options with 6M, but you have next to none at 5. Special Attack should not be this impactful.