Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Skills/Traits
Just some ideas I had. I'm not promising any of these will be good. Just that they will provide more options. These will NOT be go-to skills for many situations, but they will have SITUATIONAL use.

NEW TRAIT: Basic Fitness
Prerequisites: None
You know your body, and it's limits. Enables you to use basic Manouvers.

Thoughts: I've outlined Basic Manouvers below. None of them are particularly wonderful in any way, shape, or form. Just a few "meh" generic catch-all skills anyone can use.

Leg Pull (Basic Manouver)
6 Momentum, no FP cost.
Getting immobilized is just an inconvenience. With enough effort, you can wrest yourself free. Grants status immunity to Immobilize for one turn as you expect to be ensnared again.

Thoughts: Yes, you use your whole turn, but if you really need to move, you really need to move! I can see this mainly being useful in PVE with Corpse Hands, if you need to gather your allies together after they've been scattered by the random placement at the start, or if you really need to get to that Healing Glyph.

Deep Breathing (Basic Manouver)
All Momentum, no FP cost.
You take a moment to calm your nerves and focus. You recover HP*2/ FP*1 per momentum spent.

Thoughts: "Waaah, free healing!" Thing is, it's a miniscule amount, just that little "use it while you wait for the mobs to come to you" in PVE. I highly doubt it will be a PVP gamechanger, but someone might appreciate that extra few FP to squeeze out that one last defiant skill. This will be most useful to lower levels in the Jammer cave, for the simple reason that the bread they get from the tutorial is literally useless. Oh, 5% HP/FP recovery? What's 5% of 30? Next to nothing? Yeah, throught so.

Keep Reserve (Basic Manouver)
Toggle skill
By limiting the effort you put in now, you save enegry for later. Reduces your max HP/FP by 50% when active. When deactivated, you regain the amount you lost upon activation.

Thoughts: Sounds useless, right? But think about Poison. The harder you work, the harder your blood pumps, and the faster it spreads through your system. By slacking off, you limit the speed it can spread at. This would basically serve the purpose of limiting percentage based damage at the cost of being easier to KO via other means. It could also be used to limit the amount of FP wasted by Phenex opon reviving if they feel they don't need all that much HP (For example, if they're a curate who can heal more efficiently) and reduce a Dullahan's FP costs per action taken.

NEW TRAIT: Martial Trainee
Prerequisites: 10 Skill.
Basic training with your weapon has taught you some simple tricks. Unlocks Combat Manouvers.

Thoughts: I'll outline Combat Manouvers below. These are probably a bit more generally useful than the Basic Fitness ones.

Cautious Strike (Combat Manouver)
6 FP, 3M.
A precise, careful blow preserves your weapon. A basic attack that does not decrease weapon durability, and does not apply on-hit effects.

Thoughts: An option for anyone trapped in a PVE battle that is less than ideal. Too many enemies for your existing durability, but your skills are too costly? Using a Coral weapon (Or heaven forbid, a Swordfish sword) against Goblins? You have an option. Very basic, very situational, very useful in those situations.

Skillful Strike (Combat Manouver)
15 FP, 3m.
Strength isn't everything! When using this skill, you make a normal attack using Skill instead of Strength. No further effects.

Thoughts: Ever had a Kensei with 8 Str and 25 Skill? I've had three. For that FP cost and no other effects, it's a viable option for some characters (especially Kensei and monks) whose skill growths are considerably higher than their Strength Growths but still rely on Strength for basic attacks. The FP cost is a little steep since the primary classes this would be likely to benefit (Kensei, Monk, and whatever an MG subs to have a non-ranged backup) all have some form of FP recovery (Channel Spirit, Power Up, Vamp Shell)

Aimed Strike (Combat Manouver)
10 FP, 4M
They're fast... but you trained for this! Concentrating hard, you take careful aim. Performs a normal attack at +30% hit.

Thoughts: For 10 FP and 4M, it seems fair. If you need the hit that bad, it's a small price to pay. It's momentum cost also prevents this from being the death of evasion, since you cannot spam it.

New Trait: Focus Training
Prerequisites: 10 will.
All mastery need to start somewhere. Enables Focus Manouvers.

Studious Eye (Focus Manouver)
10 FP, 6M
You've read about it in a book somewhere, right? Or something like it. By intensely observing your target, you can "size it up" and recieve generalized information about it's capabilities in comparison to your own, as well as information about any aura they may emit.

Thoughts: This is basically what people have been asking for, RP wise. Not exact stats, just a general comparison. "They're a lot more muscular than you." "You're dextrous enough to hit them easily." "You feel an overwhelming will pushing against your own." You get the idea The "Aura" refers to their primary skill type, just to give you an idea what they're capable of.

Masterful Preparation (Focus Manouver)
6M
You know how to get more flash for your focus, so long as you... well... "focus" on it. For the next 2 turns, skills cost 15% less FP to cast.

Thoughts: Another "useful for PVE as they close in" kind of skill, primarily for skills with high FP costs like Invocations.

Applied Application (Focus Manouver)
6M, 10 FP.
You understand your arsenal like it's nobody's business! Any on-hit effects that have a luck-based chance of applying, such as the elemental damage of a weapon's material, apply on every hit for the next 3 turns.

Thoughts: Again, mainly useful for PVE, such as if you have a Rockdirt weapon against a Barghest or Sand Shark.

Anyways, that's it for now. I was going to propose new skills for each class, but I'll do that later.
*loud burp*