Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Item] Bodyguard Nerf
So, as it stands. Bodyguards are the .best. heavy armor in the entire game. Take damage that does over half your current health? REDUCE THAT DAMAGE BY HALF. That effect, right there, is why its so .overpoweringly. good. I don't know how to fix this *** star item to make it more in line with its rarity other than tossing it to 9-10 star rarity < But that doesn't help since. yknow. Everyone has atleast one. >

Reposting this from old forums.

Basically though, it becomes so overwhelmingly good because half of current hp, rather than max. Which means that when someone gets on the lower end of HP, it's still gonna trigger from low damage multi-hits. Which, isn't exactly a BAD thing since Multi-hits need to have their damage halved based on TOTAL damage dealt to their opponent rather than each individual hit but I digress.
It's already been nerfed in the past. Just make armor with better / more interesting effects.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
No, it's definitely too strong. The only thing up to question is what to change about its effect to make it less centralizing.
Why not add actual, useful armor in junction with nerfing it. Perhaps apply a limited amount of procs to the whole ''halves damage'' per battle. Or a bonus for Black Knights that boosts their whole Black Wing damage resistance deal.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
Having the bodyguard armor only proc whenever you are PROTECTING someone < IE: Being a bodyguard > that is beside you would make it more in line, if it proc'd at half current HP damage.
Having an armor only work for one base class doesn't really gel.

How about making it so that, once per battle, a mortal blow would leave you at 1 HP?

Or making it so that you gain Damage Reduction the more HP you've lost? (1% per 10% HP, or something like that.)
Probably more along the lines of 2% per 10% HP. Otherwise, why not wear
a cloak of many colours and a pair of waraji? Or that tunic that gives up to
+40% damage reduction, at 10% per nearby enemy?
I think a status effect could work, that lasts 10 rounds (like Spirit Mirror), and only does Bodyguard's current effect three times (so it starts at Level 3, and when it reaches Level 0, or runs out of turns, Bodyguard's effect can no longer apply).
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=519#p519 Wrote:MegaBlues » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:37 am[/url]"]How about making it so that, once per battle, a mortal blow would leave you at 1 HP?

I think I like this alternative most, but perhaps it should make you Immune to Damage when it triggers until your next turn. This is so something like extra elemental damage from your weapon's material or multi-hits don't just immediately kill you, making it pointless.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Why not just buff the armor itself and nerf the passive effect?