Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Legend Ability) Eir Defiant
I love this idea.

You got my support on this 100%!
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
Like the other posts in this thread, I wholeheartedly support this idea.
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
Suppoooooooort
Yes give us custom classes.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Give us what we want dev
I don't really think this is a good idea, unfortunately. Even the OP admits this would make class growths useless, and just because you concede that point doesn't mean it disappears as a big old negative. Plus this heavily encourages min-maxing by design. I just don't see it being a good addition.
this game is a rpg, ruled by statistical numbers, there will always be min maxing, doing this will put all the cards on the table, min maxing will get no worse from that point, after that people will use the system to create characters that just simply cant be made with the current selection of classes.

if this was implemented, there would be a month or two of minmax hell, afterward the game would mellow out and become something amazing.
Could make it cost 5 Legend Ink. Or just some amount more than two, that way the player would have really earned it, by living through at least 120 levels of normal RNG hell; then, they get to compete with their own customized RNG hell. We've all missed that 95% before. This time, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves. Please.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7986#p7986 Wrote:Mivereous » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:47 pm[/url]"]Could make it cost 5 Legend Ink. Or just some amount more than two, that way the player would have really earned it, by living through at least 120 levels of normal RNG hell; then, they get to compete with their own customized RNG hell. We've all missed that 95% before. This time, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves. Please.

I've missed 3 98%s in a row. WITH Lady Luck.

Anyways, Dev, I understand and respect what you're saying, but do please consider this: Many classes don't even get growths for a bunch of their skills (Monk/VA/Ghost/LB come to mind; the first 3 have at least 2 will based skills each and 0% Will growth, and similarly, LB lacks Strength) This means that if you want to play these classes, you still need to level as other classes to actually get decent use out of their skillsets. This would allow people to be their chosen classes without OOCly changing classes around just to get growths that make certain aspects of the character not useless.

EDIT: For example, I'm working on an MG/VA. VA mainly for utility (Frayed Voidgates to keep FP up with a heavy emphasis on Charge/Overcharge.) MG has a decent Will growth of 30%, and I still get 0 damage off of my Frays at 15 will at level 30. Considering VA doesn't even have that 30% Will which is still not amounting to anything, what else can someone levelling as a VA expect to do besides stack crit and use Gates to teleport around?

If this idea is being shut down, at least please consider alternatives. For a game focused on Rpleplay, OOC grinding is 100% required to get characters who aren't crap unless you just happen to decide to be that min/maxed class anyway.
*loud burp*
I don't want to invalidate class growths, and I understand that setting up your growths can be bothersome if you're going for something a bit stranger. I think I'd rather tackle that issue some other way though; for example, a Legend Extend category that overrides your class's growths with another class' (could even add a toggle to the character info screen to turn it on/off, and have one for subclasses too). That, for example, would make it a lot easier to extend, set up the class growths you want by buying the relevant abilities, and then just level with the classes you want to use.

Other random ideas of debatable relevance/goodness/badness.
  1. Fruit items that decrease one stat by 1/some number and increase another by 1/some number, up to a cap.
  2. Legend Extend category that swaps two growths (STRWIL, for example) of your main class.
  3. If you really want to minmax and make everyone boring, a stat point distribution system would be better. Or the old test of the 'fixed growth system'.
  4. Elona had it right all along.