Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Legend Ability) Eir Defiant
How about going through all the classes over a week or two, and giving each class a second growth set.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7973#p7973 Wrote:Neus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:40 pm[/url]"]I don't really think this is a good idea, unfortunately. Even the OP admits this would make class growths useless, and just because you concede that point doesn't mean it disappears as a big old negative. Plus this heavily encourages min-maxing by design. I just don't see it being a good addition.
This idea isn't for min-maxing. This idea was never for min-maxing. It's meant to break down the creative restrictions that class growths present on stat builds, while giving breathing room for people that want to try class combinations in PvE but are afraid that the growths will screw them over. 140% Growth Distribution, like I've stated in the opening, does not present any particularly broken builds to my tested knowledge, and serve more to broaden horizons than enable any sort of static 'best build' like you're trying to suggest.

Yes, I've stated that Main Class growths will be mostly invalidated. (I'm not sure what you think of Sub Class growths here, though I believe them to be fairly important) No, I never assumed that it would disappear as a negative. This was an idea I was willing to challenge Main Class growths with. Why? I felt that Class Growths, at their current quantity, cornhole people a bit too much for what they can do, and some of them just flat-out fail to serve what their spread suggests (see: Ghost's spread suggests an anti-magic fighter, but Void Assassin pretty much does everything their growths promise, but better. Even the 40% RES does not save the physical stats.)

I would ask for a chance with, say, a test server run of this idea to give you data to stew upon, but I'm not going to hold any false hope for that. That being said:

-What about just making a bunch of growth spreads for 'unreleased classes', and give an LA that lets people use these spreads over their own class(es)?

-If I had to pick one, I'd say #2 could work.

-Though, if you have a idea to just translate Elona's 'earn your stats' into SL2, I'm all ears.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I prefer Chaos's original idea over the suggestions put forth by Dev. Sorry, Dev!
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8031#p8031 Wrote:Chaos » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7973#p7973 Wrote:Neus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:40 pm[/url]"]
-Though, if you have a idea to just translate Elona's 'earn your stats' into SL2, I'm all ears.

I was thinking we could all hit pbags and use train verbs in the HBTC for a couple days until stats got so high the game couldn't keep track anymore.

I'm sorry, I just think this idea would be double-edged at best, and would just exacerbate the issue it's trying to solve at worst.