Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gigantism
Giant Gene's size increase behaves.. oddly, to say the least.

"Fern" Wrote:your icon gets perma bugged
it keeps changing size
and it's always blurry
and it's contagious
if people are in your party
Since we can change our size manually now, I think just flat-out removing the visual effect of it would be a pretty good idea.
I'd rather fix the bug if I knew the cause behind it, honestly. I don't think this is a -permanent- bug if anyone has it (relogging would clear it up), since all it does is modify your transform var, which isn't saved.
I'd prefer not to be forced to adopt a visual effect if I have a choice. The resizing really messed with the neatness of the pixels, y'know? And, unlike the dragon weapons, this one isn't unique, so it isn't a "tell" for what you're using. I'd prefer if it was just removed, as well.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
To give details, not that the OP didn't already, if you have a torso item with the Gigantic Gene on it, anyone in your party will recieve its visual effects whenever a fight starts, or you use a mirror. They can use a mirror themselves to fix it, otherwise it remains until they do.
I would also like to point out that unlike some other abilities that boost max HP based on a percentage, such as endurance and Afflicted Spectre, the boost from a Giant Gene doesn't count the actual total HP when it does its HP boost, it seems to ignore the HP given by items such as a red cloak or a Terrasque Shell and adds them afterward.
This has been corrected.

"Ardratz" Wrote:I would also like to point out that unlike some other abilities that boost max HP based on a percentage, such as endurance and Afflicted Spectre, the boost from a Giant Gene doesn't count the actual total HP when it does its HP boost, it seems to ignore the HP given by items such as a red cloak or a Terrasque Shell and adds them afterward.

This is likely because item effects are read first, with flat HP being the last.