Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously, Buff Tacticians
It's our third installment of "Why Things Suck!" Today's guest, Tactician.

So, alright. Tactician, overall, is a pretty neat class with some good ideas and useful skills. They can't really beat up on the enemy themselves, but they super-enable their allies. And that enablement only gets better when their allies listen.

However, that fabled Tactics Rank is shot to pieces whenever you take damage. Especially from multihits. This means that you don't really want to be in range of your enemies. However, for some of their skills, you need to be close to your allies! Who are, presumably, fighting your enemies!

I really hope why everyone can see this is a stupid thing, and needs to change.

I suggest that Formations / Analyze Weakness / Enemy Evaluation be able to be used within range of allies as well.

Also that Attack Formation has its targeting inverted, so that the middle square can actually be placed on the Tactician.

Also that Field Medic be changed to boost the power of Items used. Seriously. This skill is useless as hell.
I use tactician with evoker on a daily basis. I like the class as a whole and I enjoy using the formations for wacky fun stuff.

The tactics rank sucks and usually consists of me running guard orders and charge orders to build up ranks so I can use enemy eval or analyze.
Which, side note are two decent skills on their own, but the base turn duration sucks.
just for them to bash me once or twice and be back to D rank.

--

Field Medic I originally used for it's fun rp style stuff. But then you have guard order which with a decent tome, give you and your allies 50+ healing + % reduct for 12fp and 3M [plus guard M.] It's outclassed by it's own class. Forget the revive perk.

--

Aside from that. I've been able to use Tactician to a fairly competitive compliment to my play style. But the generalized point of the class where you're buffing your teammates, is rarely used for that purpose.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.