Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can illusions no longer count as tactical allies?
Would it be feasible to have illusionary butterflies created by Papilions not count towards the Tactics Rank 'On-Death reset'.

This would be a direct buff to my play-style as a whole, or anyone who uses tactician and papilion butterflies,
edited for reply Rendar
To clarify, you can use formations on them and orders. But they do not apply for purposes of using the actual orders; charge order does give them additional movement and their attack appears to be increased through attack order but your tactics rank will not increase. Formations will give you a tactics rank if all slots are occupied by butterflies at the beginning, but you will not get additional buffs for having other allies occupy spots.
While they have one-hp and will instantly reset your Tactician Rank to D on death.

I do not think this would be a major buff overall, but feel free to throw counterpoints.

Thank you and goodnight.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
wait. They should be getting the bonus of Orders. All allies do.. if they're not somethin fishy goin on.
I'm willing to make changes on this front but can we get some detailed testing with screenshots? Namely with butterflies, and with Youkai (to see how they function side-by-side).
Yes sir. I will get to work.
Okay so Youkai and Butterflies behave the exact same.

In the following instance, I put a formation down and summoned one youkai and one butterfly. At the beginning of my next turn, the Tactics Rank Increased.

[Image: 9bbfdc7f63531780a7e92eb121ff0ab3.png]

In the next, I tested an Attack Order on the Youkai. I couldn't get a butterfly to hit. But I believe on the off chance it does, it will also increase the tactic rank on hit (And apply damage bonus in both instances.)

[Image: ca521cc8b133fe79a07d58fb99d6ce43.png]

The final instance, I tested cast order which led to the same result. Increasing Tactics Rank. When the youkai used an ability such as Acid Jet.

However Charge Order, despite giving them the movement bonus, did not increase the Tactics Rank.

(Guard Order is useless as the youkai or butterfly will never guard despite having option to. Coding I assume.).

I[strike]nteresting to note, despite having all three spots on the formation occupied by Allied Npcs, I did not get the additional crit bonus. It continued to read the same result as if I had no allies. Having one ally and one Ally NPC only lead to having a 2x bonus as it is suppose to with a Tactics Rank increase at start of turn.[/strike]
Either the hud was bugging or I wasn't paying attention, but the bonuses are now working correctly 100% ally wise.
TL;DR
Here's a cute lil' table.
[Image: 9480beaf8c5e681066c2c27ab6c1aa61.png]
Thanks for the helpful chart. May I ask what formation you were testing with, because I am getting the scaling bonuses when I test with Attack Formation. I'm checking the value, summoning a Youkai into one of the squares, and checking it again, and I was getting increased Hit after I summoned the Youkai.
Yeah, I was getting wonky values that weren't adding up. I think it was a cache error. On redo, it's working as intended.
Illusions won't reset tactics ranks anymore.