Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Clarification: Houses and violent RP
This is kind of a convoluted scenario, but it also reminded me of stories I've heard about one particular member who got banned in the past, and was so hated that everyone still remembers them. So much so that even people who joined after their banning, such as myself, know about them and their BS. so I wanted to run this by the staff and more experienced members.

- Guild 1 Targets Guild 2
- Member of Guild 1 sends member of Guild 2 a challenge in front of 4 witnesses from Guild 2
- Challenge is to take place inside a house. The witnesses wait around for a signal, expecting foul play.
- House is locked. A group of level 60s with maxed out classes cannot ICly break down a door to save their lives.
- Alternatively, if the house isn't locked, people get kicked/barred.

On a personal note, this seems like rampant abuse and exploitation of the mechanics, and absolutely scummy. I just wanted to see how others weigh in on it.

EDIT: It has since come to my attention that the one particular instance of it that happened tonight was consented upon, but this is still something I've seen happen numerous times before, and it is complete and utter BS.
*loud burp*
Don't RP with people who don't want to RP. It's more trouble than it's worth.
It has come to my attention that this particular group is now OOCly threatening IC actions, under the excuse that "It's funny" and also using OOC knowledge to influence IC targets for this (Example: Someone underwent a complete image change, new icon, profile, alias, the works, you'd only know it was them if they let you know. One of them had an alt who was involved with that person, so they all know and continue to harrass this person.)

Still not sure if this is actually technically breaking any rules in the case of the person who looked different since it wouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to tell, just freakishly difficult since they didn't get a close look at the person beforehand and even people who did know them well failed to recognize them until they revealed themselves, but the OOC harrassment? Yeah.

Anyways, I hadn't thought of screenshotting before now, but I'm actively encouraging people to keep an eye out for it and report it. IC criminal activities are all fine and dandy, but OOC threats aren't "funny" or "fun" and this is quite honestly beyond juvenile.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8369#p8369 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:37 am[/url]"]It has come to my attention that this particular group is now OOCly threatening IC actions, under the excuse that "It's funny" and also using OOC knowledge to influence IC targets for this
If you can supply some names and specify the harassment a bit more, something can be done about it.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye