Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Mechinations have access to all* race parts
*Not Shaitan, Umbral, Oracle, Vampire, Doriad, Lich, Dullahan, Wyverntouched, Papillon or Glykin.

So, a thing I've noticed is that even though a mechination is built, and basically has some sort of faux skin and hair and etc., why can't they have access to race parts like Vampires do? I don't see a reason why you couldn't build a mech with cat ears, or elf ears, or wings. It seems unrealistic that nobody even bothers to make a mech look anything but a human, when we know we can make them human. They'd just be like the Vamps and not have the racial benefits, but have the Mech ones. It would probably lead to more RPing opportunities anyways. I think the only downside is that we might get the usual "durhur horns/fox tail/wings on the sprite together" and we might have Mechs fluttering everywhere, but those aren't big issues that we can't take care of.
I'm just suggesting that maybe we add all access* to the Mech race too. Or at least add the sprites to the accessory station for them.
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
Honestly, considering mechanations are made to serve functions, I am amazed as sin that we can't make winged mechanations, as the practical applications to a flying humanoid construct would be invaluable. while I personally see no point (outside of "my creator had a fetish) to other racial parts, I do think they'd totally try making, at the very least, some kind of hang-glider backpack (which would look closest to Hyattr wings.)
*loud burp*
If that were the only practical problem stopping flight from being common, people would be flapping their way to work in the real world by now.
I could see the part also can be used for something else.
Having an imaaagination, if you will.
[strike]Can anyone say, "more body doubles"?[/strike]
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8313#p8313 Wrote:Neus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 pm[/url]"]If that were the only practical problem stopping flight from being common, people would be flapping their way to work in the real world by now.

I can't see why it would be impossible to make a flying Mech made out of lightweight materials. Also, you cherrypicked.
Why can't we all have fake cat ears to wear?!
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8324#p8324 Wrote:MegaBlues » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:40 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8313#p8313 Wrote:Neus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 pm[/url]"]If that were the only practical problem stopping flight from being common, people would be flapping their way to work in the real world by now.

I can't see why it would be impossible to make a flying Mech made out of lightweight materials. Also, you cherrypicked.

1) The word cherrypicking doesn't apply here.
2) A mech made of materials light enough to fly itself would most likely be so fragile that it would destroy itself under the stresses of flying, aside from the question of 'is flight even a practical thing to design a machine to do; is the technology even near there yet?'.
3) There are legal and safety concerns that would come about from having an autonomous artificially created servant capable of flying over walls/etc. Just look at how controversial drones are in the modern age. Imagine if they could kidnap your children or break your windows. It'd be grounds to outlaw mechanations and destroy them.
Last I checked, this topic was about letting Mechs have greater racial part access, not why Mechanations can't fly. Get back on the rails, folks.

Anyways, I don't see any real problem with letting Mechanations be able to have constructed ears or whatnot. We've already had to deal with Vampires getting a lot of racial parts, so I doubt that bad RP can be an arguing point here.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Sorry, just feel like throwing my two cents in here.
Galdric ore isn't too fragile to not be used for weapons, yet it's lightweight. I know I can't really say since I didn't make the lore for it, but that's what I can see from what I know.
And, If mechanations would be outlawed due to safety issues, then corbies would also need to be outlawed due to the risk of winged assassins.

Honestly, though, even if mechanations can't fly with wings, it'd be nice to be a cosmetic thing, even in-character-wise.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Difference being that a Corbie is risking their life to play a winged assassin and suffers more easily from exhaustion. A mechanation, on the other hand, is a sum of parts, even if they're regulated, and can be made relatively single minded.