Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unstable Bond
If you have more than one youkai when you have Bonder, and dismiss to one youkai, that youkai is not treated as Bonded, even though you satisfy the first condition of Spiritual Bond.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Needs more details.
After thinking more on it, there was a couple reasons why this happened. I will post all the things that might lead to this conclusion.

1) Have 5 youkai.
2) Unlock Bonder.
3) Equip Bonder.
4) Max Spiritual Bond (3 SP).
5) End contract with youkai until you only have 2.
6) Have one of the youkai's Friendship "above average" (Bonded), and the other one below average (non-Bonded).
7) End contract with the "Bonded" youkai.
8) The "non-Bonded" youkai is now only treated as Bonded when "above average" Friendship, and not since it is the only youkai in your list.

1) Have 5 youkai.
2) Unlock Bonder.
3) Equip Bonder.
4) Max Spiritual Bond.
5) Dismiss youkai until you only have 1.
6) This youkai (A) is now treated as always Bonded, as Spiritual Bond explains.
7) Grab another youkai (B). Highest Friendship youkai is now preferred for Skills, as Spiritual Bond explains.
8) End contract with youkai A.
9) Youkai B is now only treated as Bonded when "above average" Friendship, and not since it is the only youkai in your list.

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
As far as I know, it's intended that you need high friendship for a Youkai to be considered Bonded, regardless of how many you have.
"Spiritual Bond" Wrote:Allows you to have Bonded Youkai and increases their maximum possible level (max. 60). The following conditions are required to have a Bonded Youkai.

Your total contracts must not exceed the Rank of this skill.
The friendship of that Youkai must be above average (50%).

If you do not satisfy the first condition, no Youkai you have will be treated as Bonded. If you do not satisfy the second condition, only the Youkai with low friendship will not be treated as Bonded.

The way I read this, if you have total contracts < Rank, you satisfy the first condition, which means your Youkai with the highest Friendship (regardless of the level of Friendship, meaning having one Youkai would mean that one is Bonded) is Bonded. But I guess I see your point, since having one Youkai means that it is simultaneously your lowest and highest Friendship rating.

You have to fulfill both conditions in order to be treated as having any Bonded Youkai.

This doesn't seem to be a bug unless I'm missing something, so marking solved.
"Spiritual Bond" Wrote:If you do not satisfy the first condition, no Youkai you have will be treated as Bonded. If you do not satisfy the second condition, only the Youkai with low friendship will not be treated as Bonded.

It's this part here. If you do not satisfy the first condition, no Youkai you have will be treated as Bonded. If you do not satisfy the second condition, only the Youkai with the low(est?) friendship will not be treated as Bonded.

This implies that if you have Rank 2 or 3 Spiritual Bond, and two youkai, with friendships of 12% and 14%, the 14% would be counted as Bonded. Saying 'ONLY the Youkai with the low(est?) friendship will NOT be treated as Bonded', implies that the youkai with the highest friendship would be treated as such, regardless of if it was above average or not.

Maybe it's just a grammar thing.

Low friendship, as in, below the 60 required to be treated as Bonded.