Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demon Hunter
Just some small things I think would help
-An innate for Matador giving X rage energy at rank per round while Matador is active. I feel like because the rage energy bar is so large and you only turn 30% (plus that small bonus from know no pain) of the damage into rage energy, it's just way too slow for battle usage.
-A +3 skill slot innate
-[strike]Ingrain doesn't proc Matador's rage energy.[/strike]
-[strike]Change Nitrogen Drop's damage from blunt to pierce. A gun skill doing blunt damage is just odd and random.[/strike]
-More Innates for Demon Hunter.
Isn't ND an explosion? I can see why it's blunt, rather than pierce.

Besides. You want blunt. Everyone and their mother stacks resist for pierce/slashing to fuck gunners over. Adding some variety helps.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8633#p8633 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:38 am[/url]"]Isn't ND an explosion? I can see why it's blunt, rather than pierce.

Besides. You want blunt. Everyone and their mother stacks resist for pierce/slashing to fuck gunners over. Adding some variety helps.
Hm ok you're right. Lol blunt just makes me think of punches.
This belongs in Balance Fu.. and you need some help if you think DH needs buffs.
Ingrain doesn't proc Matador because it's an HP drain effect. I imagine Life Drain (the Lich/Vampire trait skill) doesn't proc it either.
If you really need extra skill slots, the Specialization trait exists. For the first time ever, it doesn't look so pointlessly useless.

That said, I do feel Matador is quite underwhelming due to the slow generation of rage. Sure, it looks amazing on paper until you realize that by the time you can do much with it, you're already dead (unless you pair it with another class that has healing.) You need to stay in Matador stance to build rage, which means you're not capitalizing on what the other stances have to offer (You need to leave a little momentum to change back to Matador, even with gradient Blur) and all that.

DH definitely doesn't need any buffs, though. And ND definitely needs some kind of rebalance to make it not suck on multishot guns while not being ridiculously OP with jackhammers/ potentially shotguns. I'm just pointing out that unless I'm using matador to supplement some tank build, I'm liable to leave it completely untouched simply due to it's slow rage generation.
*loud burp*
Tested it with Shotguns, it's eh okay I guess? Only hitting 60's with it.