Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Races] Racial Equality
back with 100% lest insulting

Hesitation should never be on a racial trait. its too stronk 20% at 60 more if cap is raised, 1 out of 5 attacks will fail.

75% thing is okay

it should be like the current and let you sense the magical statistics of the enemy, which I've explained in many other places what those are.

also they should keep their +1 enchantment bonus

Glykin needs more things

Cats need love.

you gave lupines so much things, perhaps lessen it a bit

humans seemed fine though
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=666#p666 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 pm[/url]"]back with 100% lest insulting

Hesitation should never be on a racial trait. its too stronk 20% at 60 more if cap is raised, 1 out of 5 attacks will fail.

I can agree that 20% is too much. But I also agree with Sly that fear isn't really suitable, and Superiority already does that. Then again, like Sly mentioned, the Zeran has to be facing you and the Zeran has to be at 100% FP for it to even have a chance to activate. It's pretty easy to flank them and attack from the side.

If anything, dropping it to 10%, maybe even 6% would be more reasonable.

For Felidae though, I can't think of anything at the moment, nor am I currently worried about them, but if something comes up, then perhaps it'd be added.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Am for this.
For the glykin scales, 2 def is probably better since you'd need to get hit with 100 physical damage to make the 2% even. Unless you make it around 5% or something. Neat idea though.

Not sure how I feel about Phenex's passive cut off being at below 50% though. It definitely needs to not be 100% but even a BK can go a fight without blowing half their FP (unless they use like 3 board shakers back to back, average fp for a bk is about 200 from what I usually see). I think it needs to be a little tougher to use than that since it does have the potential to turn a fight around.
Maybe around 60-65% -shrug-
I see what you mean about Glykin, but I'll leave it as is so it's up for consideration either way. 5% is too much since Golden Blood already gives them a bunch of good bonuses.

As for Phenex, 60% might be fair; but it's a little judgmental due to FP values with different classes. It'll be hell for Mages, but they'll have to learn to manage FP better, then.

Modifying From the Ashes to be no less than 60 or 75% FP to activate.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

in regards to 100% fp, high fp regen is possible, also magic gunner

Vampire shell, charge bonus max rank, Steal 21fp Per hit...Steal as in you get the 21 they lose.....
This sounds like a Balance Fu topic to me, so I'm moving it.

Hint: If you think your topic is even 30% Balance Fu material, it belongs in Balance Fu.
The issue of the effect's range is still an argument in the case (only 1 square exactly). I'll chalk the chance down to 10%, and if a better suggestion comes along, we'll add that.

Also, good to know Dev, thanks.

As an Avid Phenex player (I have several) Fron the Ashes does -not- need to trigger at lower amounts. It encourages you to play more conservatively and even use more support-oriented abilities like Power Up to keep it high. It's a worthy tradeoff. Only some class combos can really capitalize on it, which is completely fine, since all classes benefit from it's other racials, and it's tied for the highest skill and faith growths in the game! It's a powerful racial, so it NEEDS a drawback. And that drawback is being incredibly FP conservative to get any use out of it.

What it DOES need is to Trigger at 100% of your BASE FP, not modded! Say I have 148/148 FP. Oh man, an ally with Charisma walks within range! 148/152! I die! Doesn't trigger! Now -THIS- is completely unreasonable and needs to change! "Oh, you have power up! You're a monk! Have some Nerhaven for your heaven kick!" -dies because of Nerhaven's will bonus raising max FP- I mean COME ON!

Maybe change it to 90% just to offset this; you still need MOST of it, as in ALMOST all of it, but minor fluctuations won't violate your strategy.

For this exact same reason, I have no issue with the Zeran racial hesitation at 100% FP. It's a hell of a tradeoff. Sure, you can game high FP gains to stay full, but it always means sacrificing things. Vamp shells on a gunner? You do significantly less damage vs chain shell spam, for example. Kensei/GS? You're really not summoning at all. (I never have my full FP at the start of a round, even with only 1 youkai out. Their cost comes after the FP regen.) Etc....

As for the others...

- Human racials may seem excessive but hey, their growths suck so why not? Also, maybe give humans the option to turn into any other race at LA, since everyone used to be humans once upon a time but were changed by deities? Could be worth it to blitz several LAs as a Karaten before becoming a more melee-ccentric race, for example.

- No comment on lupine. They may have good growths for a BK or something, but considering melee is the weakest thing in the game right now, that's not a fair basis for comment. Not sure if new racials would make them more viable.

- Agreed on Redtails. My luck is legendarily bad. My own attempts at redtails had me wishing I could toggle the dice off completely.

- Glykin, IMO, don't need more racial bonuses. A tweak to growths would be nice, though. Their growths are meh at best, which is a shame since it makes them easier to suffer RNG screwage. Let me explain: They want high Vit for Golden Blood. Which means being a melee class. 20% Base Str growth and 15% base skill growth. Even as a BK/Arbalest with Warrior (+10% Str, +5% Skill, with the class combo being the best balance of Vit/Str/Ski possible) they only get 70% Str, 52% Ski, and 73% Vit. This is quite honestly depressing for the best min/maxed combo for all 3, when you factor in that a mage with comparable base racial will can easily get 90%, and will is all it needs. By comparison, a Wyverntouched (Base 30% str) can only reach 87% Str, if Arb/BK. Depressing, no?

- Water spells are bundled under the same domain as ice for -mancy effects and such, so I fear that Aquarian Domain damage boost change to elves would make them all Cryomancer Evoker/LBs. And while this isn't a terrible idea, healing already sucks, and the last thing we need is to make the viable healers into attackers instead.
*loud burp*
I disagree. The only support oriented abilities that increase FP is the one for VA which is situational and the one for Monks. After that, Kensei and Summoner are the only ones with natural FP regen but even then, a summoner needs that FP regen to maintain summons and Kensei use theirs to pay for their abilities. The only ones that can utilize it are basic attackers that don't use abilities. This is okay for PVE (cuz PVE is ez) but in a PVP situation it's practically nonexistent. You most likely cannot afford playing like that vs a player and there's a huge difference between "some classes can utilize this" and "only some classes can use this but even then they need to have a specific playstyle to utilize it". It's not a drawback at that point, it's almost comparable to the special attack trait for bows. You shouldn't be held back by your racial just to make use of it.
There's a lot to be said for using that "first health bar" to deal damage with primarily normal attacks before going all out after FTA triggers. Especially if you have good stats for it. If a skill is Str + Weapon Power +12 damage, for example, a normal attack will only do 12 less damage.
*loud burp*