Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Wyverntouched] Inconsistent Venom
You still take damage on the turn that the poison wears off on but you do not regen the 5 FP as normal. You're essentially taking extra damage for no benefit, and the Wyverntouched's entire racial gimmick is the poison, after all.

Example scenario:

Round 1: Self Bite. Gain the Strength boost from the venom. No FP regen or poison damage yet.
Round 2: Poison damage. FP regen. Strength still boosted.
Round 3: Poison Damage. FP regen. Strength still boosted.
Round 4: Poison damage. No FP regen. Strength boost is gone.

I'd suggest that the poison benefits should take effect on the turns you take poison damage on (So no strength boost on round 1, since the venom hasn't circulated yet, and both the Strength boost and FP regen on round 4) to make it more consistent.
*loud burp*
Not really a bug because status effects tick their effect the same turn they expire. The only way this would change is if status effects ticked/decreased in duration at the end of a round instead of the start, which might have some problems with other status effects (although I can't think of any off the top of my head).
Fair enough. In that case, changing the whole thing seems like more trouble than it's worth. Any other possible work-arounds to the FP regen tick, then? Such as making it happen at the same time as the damage (since it's linked to the poison) or something similar?

I mean, as it stands, the FP regen is the only reason a mage wyverntouched would want to bite themselves (unless they desperately need to boost their BW or something) and it's of similar importance to physically-oriented ones as well due to a lower max FP. Sure, Wyverntouched take less poison damage than most, but it's still a substantial amount over time, and this just seems kind of silly.
*loud burp*
Change it so that every time Wyverntouched take Poison damage, they gain 5 FP and the Strength bonus for one turn.
So I did change this in a way. Now, statuses now apply their effect and tick down their duration after HP and FP regen effects. What this means is you will get your Venom Drive FP regen before the status ends. It might also mean that status effects have a lower chance of actually killing targets with regeneration, depending on the level; not sure if this will make a big impact or not. If so, you guys can make a topic in Balance Fu and we can always revert it.