Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narcus
[Image: mVxvlbC.png?1]

Something caused by using Wretched oil and menovs fang at ~60 WIL Suddenly I can get smacked for ~200 damage, accounting for some RES and fire resistance. And I even presume that this is merely bonus damage, so the damage you'd normaly cause still applies.
The only requirement is to hit a person.
I feel this is far too strong without a cap, especialy if combined let's say with retaliate.
Suggesting a cap at 100-150. It'll still be decent enough to not render the sword garbage.

But Sarin, everyone has fire resist are you dum - It's true that everyone has (should have) 10% fire resistance from talents alone, but that doesn't make it any worse. And if you stack very high fire resist, well good for you, you're safe from the sword, mostly. But not all have the option to equip a comc or firewalker boots for one reason or another.

But Sarin, red letter is a thing. - While it might be sort of a logical asumption if we see someone suddenly burst in flames, we get a red letter, but red letter is rare, rarer than it used to be, so access to it is not an option for all that'd want to fight it. (And nihilist is a thing too mind you)

As it stands, without packing decent res, pretty good dodge, or high fire resist, you gon get rekt by that real bad. (unless you're me, B) )

Edit : For those that don't know. Get hit - aquire status. Hit someone - Deal lvl fire damage (It's pretty much like matadors retaliate)
I'll support it because I see how this could be a problem, I'm a squishy mage with currently under 300 hp... Death is a whim away a whim away a whim away a whim away-- Okay you get the point. SUPPORTED!
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
As an Avid Narcus user, I'm fine with a cap, so long as it's not the OLD cap, which was too low and made the Narcus useless as it often did 0 damage.

150 seems reasonable, considering it goes up against the resistance stat and has a 2 turn limit.
*loud burp*
I don't think that you should be doing spell-tier damage as a bonus just because you got hit and can return a hit.

I say cap the bonus damage at 50, but make it unresistable.
100 cap sounds fine to me.
100 cap thats unresistable sounds fine to me, because Narcus in a punishment build works quite well, also remove the ability to stack it twice to get double the Narcus levels when hit, thats how it was stacking so high so quickly, Sarinpa.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9145#p9145 Wrote:Spoops » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:01 pm[/url]"]100 cap thats unresistable sounds fine to me, because Narcus in a punishment build works quite well, also remove the ability to stack it twice to get double the Narcus levels when hit, thats how it was stacking so high so quickly, Sarinpa.

The problem, with it not stacking was that getting sneezed on was overwriting getting crushed into oblivion, essentially. I'm not joking when I say I'd be hit by a Scarebear for like 130 (lol fallcall) and then take single digit damage from anything else on the field (I realize Def/Res is counter-intuitive to the Narcus, but I just happened to get it at about level 50 with an LE to a more suitable build coming up) to overwrite the Narcus. I think that can be exploited a little too hard in PVP since the Narcus is impossible to miss, completely making the Narcus useless.

If removing stacking happens, it needs to only count the hardest hit. (Same goes for a hit overwriting a dodge for a Duelist's Poise, that gets annoying fast)
*loud burp*
He meant using double Narcus so the LV goes up by 2 for every 1 point of damage.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9152#p9152 Wrote:Soapy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:46 pm[/url]"]He meant using double Narcus so the LV goes up by 2 for every 1 point of damage.

Noted. I apologize for misunderstanding. I find running it with a Nihilist is basically a must, so I keep forgetting double Narcus does stack.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9152#p9152 Wrote:Soapy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:46 am[/url]"]He meant using double Narcus so the LV goes up by 2 for every 1 point of damage.

It was fun to use two at once, but yes, being able to dish out 2 bonus damage (even if it's fire and resistable) per 1 damage you take is too much.

i'm going to miss you dual narcus, rip gimmick build
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]