• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Win Pvp
In other words: Hitting harder than a semitruck

What you need is:

1. A way to gain massive weight. Example: Carapace body guard + giant genes
2. Heavy tackle
3. Movement boosting items and etc
4. Hexer (Optional)

Simply apply the list to yourself and use heavy tackle on the opponent. They’ll fly to the other side of the map; over 20 squares with around +160 damage per hit with the example armor. Wait for them to come closer to you, move a little bit away if you have to, and use your high movement to run towards them and repeat on your turn. They’ll be knocked too far away to hit you so they must use their turn to move somewhat closer a little (Unless they have that one spell from evoker that’s weak the farther away they are) while you use your turn to move to them and repeat knocking them away. Earthbound fog can be somewhat effective based on how you go about it to make them not attack you, but heavy tackle can knock them down which knocks their momentum down to 3-4 if they don't have knockdown immunity. They cannot escape if knocked down and they cannot do anything to you. Of course they can't even if there's knockdown immunity if you measure your distance anyways.
The squares they move can be unreliable sometimes what with hitting map borders/obstacles or just plain not going as far as the attack would indicate.

But, yeah, as it stands, Heavy Tackle is pretty rediculous when you stack weight that high. All you can really do against it in most cases is try to out last their FP.

Though if someone is built around HT, you really just need to stack physical defenses and/or have a method to heal yourself, as what an HT build lacks is burst damage (most of the time).
----------------------

Now as to -balancing- Heavy Tackle, I'd say imposing a limit to just how much weight can go towards the skill (I'd say around 120~ being the limit, as that's about what a reasonable weight-stacking arb would be toting around) would be best.

As it stands, the maximum weight you can obtain is somewhere around 175-180~ish.

priest and monk work, too
The damage is pretty large as well, I'd say the cap should be up to 10 squares/100 weight at the very max, its ridiculous, but also lower the damage, because Heavy Tackle should be utility, not damage.

ALSO please change or outright remove the knockdown, it is the biggest gripe with the skill because currently it does not trigger evasion or spiked treads because of this, if an arbalest needs breathing room they can use warning shot or a cannon skill, Heavy tackle should not be the exception to spiked treads.

And some battle weight changes in general, how about for every 10 over your battle weight you lose 1 base move, til eventually you reach 1, if you're gonna be lugging around that much battle weight then you can't exactly get places can you?

But as it stands right now, There have been a few instances of heavy tackle central builds and they don't make anything fun, because there is nothing you can do when you're getting flung across the field from a very low FP cost skill, then you use 3m to get up, so you can take your turn where you cant really do anything from 21 squares away.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[Image: 4EgkZxV.gif]
I started the fight with that much HP/FP but yeah, this thing is ridiculous. It's very very difficult to counter-attack in general if you're being punted away over and over while also making a big distance. Look at the 18 movement too.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9325#p9325 Wrote:Spoops » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:02 pm[/url]"]The damage is pretty large as well, I'd say the cap should be up to 10 squares/100 weight at the very max, its ridiculous, but also lower the damage, because Heavy Tackle should be utility, not damage.

And some battle weight changes in general, how about for every 10 over your battle weight you lose 1 base move, til eventually you reach 1, if you're gonna be lugging around that much battle weight then you can't exactly get places can you?

I like this line of ideas, since Board Shaker has a limitation on max damage based on Rank, and I think that would go well with HT.

I also agree with the loss of movement if over BW, and if it adheres to this suggestion, then yes, the minimum should be 1 MV, but continue counting down past that as well, so that Shukuchi/Talvyd/MV boosting things can't just auto fix that, such as:
  • Base MV 5
  • 150/50 BW
  • Current MV 1 (-5)
  • With Initiative (which I think is +3 MV): Current MV 1 (-2)
  • And then Talvyd R3 (which is +4 MV): Current MV 2
Just to clarify that.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9333#p9333 Wrote:Mivereous » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm[/url]"]I like this line of ideas, since Board Shaker has a limitation on max damage based on Rank, and I think that would go well with HT.

Okay, while I pretty much agree with basically everything in this thread, I do just want to point out that Board Shaker is kind of a joke simply due to how the cap works. It applies BEFORE being pitched against enemy Resstance (The stat, not just the elemental variety) making it... well... incredibly weak outside of a few very specific PVE uses (like surrounded by sand sharks; Sure, Barghests are weak to Earth, but they have high Res.) And for that high FP cost. It also makes low ranks of the skill absolutely useless since 25 max damage vs 22 res = 3 damage, not the 50 weight - 22 res = capping at 25, as it logically should be.

... just pointing out that comparing it to Board Shaker in that context could lead to a similarly gimped HT cap, making the skill only useful for the distance and knockdown. So maybe it'd be best to leave Board Shaker out of the discussion completely. Though I do understand why you mentioned it.
*loud burp*
I am willing to adjust Heavy Tackle if need be in whatever manner. As for Movement, I also think that there should probably be a hard cap on it, because generating a huge amount of movement squares can cause little lag spikes and because it makes sense. A movement cap would probably be based on your equipped armor type, heavier means a stricter cap and so on.