Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking Mobs
So, in the new 65 Desert Static, there seems to be a mixed group of spawns. Though, at the time, they only appear as Mad Vines (for forest enemies) Red Gorgons (goblins) and Sand Sharks (sea).

Soooo...can they pick from the possible walking mob options like everywhere else? I'd like to maybe sometimes have a fight with no vines, if I felt like...doing that. Yeah. Iunno. I just need my CONSISTENCY.
On a related note:

Vampiric Legumes show up alongside both the Goblin and the Forest enemy types. If we could -NOT- have Legumes as the map sprites, that would be appreciated, since we have no idea what group we'll be fighting.
*loud burp*
They behave consistently; you never see walking kraboids, for example, in ocean dungeons. They all pick from the dungeon type they come from as far as possible monster types go. This is mostly intentional as the high level desert doesn't have any unique enemies aside from the boss, and so I thought it might be a good way to 'mix' dungeon types for people who aren't looking for a particular group's 10* but still wants to be able to get them.

I know we discussed this yesterday but I've forgotten most of the details. Do you want the spawns to pick from a new 'pool' of desert enemies, so you can get things like Sand Sharks with Mad Vines or Gorgons and so on? Or am I misunderstanding.
I meant consistency in that, like other dungeons, it'd mix up what the walking mobs were, selecting from available ones (ocean dungeons, as you said, exclude kraboids, forest exclude critters because duh, etc). I'm fine with the mix, though.

As to what I meant with my suggestions--that'd be...interesting to see if it mixed the types in fights (but annoying at the same time, for various reasons).

Though what I actually meant was just making it so the respective walking-mobs get randomized like every other dungeon (I.E. goblins can appear as more than just a Red Gorgon, forest types can appear as more than just the Mad Vine, ocean types can appear as more than just the Sand Shark.) Hopefully that's more clear.
I added some of the other possible walking monsters from the spawn pool to the walking monster pool. Also, now the entire pool of desert enemies can mix together! We'll see if that produces anything interesting or if it was a bad idea.