Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Questions & Answers
If you are unfamiliar with the BYOND map editor or don't know how something works, feel free to ask and look for answers here. Anyone who knows the answer is encouraged to post it and help out!
Now, I'm not very familiar with this part of Dream Maker but it seems like a lot of the turfs aren't showing up.

Like for instance, say I click on the 'desert' turfs. There's nothing there. Even if I click the individual categories inside it.
[Image: f3c4a660e9.png]

But for others like 'celianna', it seems to be fine.
[Image: 39bf9559f4.png]

Most of them appear to be like the 'desert' turf and are completely empty but checking the .dmis show that the icons do exist... so what's going on? Is there something I'm supposed to be doing?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Having the same issue, but found that editing "icon_state" in the tile's values to the number of the icon state you want (i.e., [3,1]), changes it to the icon. Super tedious, though.

[Image: uSmIOG4.png]
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
There's a note in the comments somewhere telling you what to do, but basically, after you select the turf, right click the blank one in the 'Object' box and select generate from icon states.
Just a couple of questions. How do you use the markers and how do you make an overworld feature so players can access your area?

For instance, I want to set up three markers (one for north, east and west) that lead back to the overworld in the map I'm making below.

[Image: 622beefeed.jpg]
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Read the markers.dm file's comments; it explains how they work pretty well and you can look at the vars of the existing markers and areas; basically, an area with a marker_tag will teleport you to a marker of the same marker_tag when entered. I believe that file (or maybe one of the other ones in there) also explains four-way directional entering for overworld features. If you have any other questions after that, feel free to ask.
Is there some way to test and see how your Battle Map will act in an actual battle (i.e., planet orbit, object duration, etc)? I didn't see a verb or any such.

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Nope, but how it looks on the map is how it looks in-game more or less, minus the start markers being invisible.
I notice only a few things say anything about their "level" variable. Do traps, explosions, bombs, or the gravestone use this for any reason, or is it safe to leave at 0? Or should all things be left at 0 because the dungeon affects them somehow (damage based on dungeon level, or something)?

If it does damage, it's probably based on the level of the object. Explosion doesn't, however; it checks the spell power of the placer. Explosions placed on battlefields manually probably won't do anything or work properly so I wouldn't bother with them.