Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kensei Passives
How about changing the skills to scale with .5 skill and .25 strength, and then sacred art can increase it to .5 skill and str, but also make it require a hit check?
After discussing the changes with several people, I ended up with this:

Sakki: Change to -5, -10, -15 Critical Evade.
Tokki: Change to -5, -10, -15 Evade.
Kenki: Change to -5, -10, -15 Hit.
Yomidori: Change to -10, -20, -30 Hit.

Absolute Death increased to 35% physical damage increase. Targets afflicted with Absolute death double the effects of Sakki.

Absolute Pace doubles the effect of Tokki. In addition, performing a basic attack (hit or miss) or dodging an attack from the target afflicted by Absolute Pace will grant +2/4/6/8/10 hit chance on the enemy for 2 rounds (stacking indefinitely, only applies once in the case of multihit guns).

Absolute Fear doubles the effect of Kenki.

Targets can no longer be afflicted by more than one absolute at a time. (Per kensei)

Katana Mastery increases Power (Note: Actual Power, not damage, as it is currently) by +2/4/6/8/10.
This got way more complicated than just adjusting the passives pretty quickly.
to be fair, changing the passives would be getting rid of the reason people play the class mostly, there would need to be a bit of compensation.
Personally, I'd go with Kameron's offer. I think it's the best way to make Kensei still worth it if the passives got changed.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Kameron's offer seems to be nice, so, yeah, let's go for it.

And to Dev, balancing is hard. Considering how to make a class useful on its own without making it unfair in combination (usually) takes more than just adjusting some values on the fly.
I could see the -ki skills being changed to flat values with the Absolute skills doubling them on targets who are affected by them (in Pace's case, it would probably just be active for the duration of the skill instead). I'm a bit more on the fence about Yomidori since it has somewhat restrictive activation conditions but I do agree that 30% is a bit much and a flat value might be better.

I don't think Absolute Pace needs any additional effects. I don't think a restriction of only one Absolute at a time is necessary either. As for Katana Master, it ties into a problem that some skills don't follow the proper formula, but I guess I'll start making adjustments to do that for Kensei at least for next update. I'll also consider doubling its bonuses if it's rather lack luster currently, which I can see +5 damage being.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9569#p9569 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 pm[/url]"]Kameron's offer seems to be nice, so, yeah, let's go for it.

And to Dev, balancing is hard. Considering how to make a class useful on its own without making it unfair in combination (usually) takes more than just adjusting some values on the fly.

I'm really not liking your attitude lately. I guess you think I'll let you walk all over me in OOC and on the forums because I was nice enough to unban you (and I'm well aware of how 'thankful' you were for that in private), but make no mistake; the next time you act rude, childish, or condescending towards me, I will restate your ban and it will be permanent this time.
"Neus" Wrote:I could see the -ki skills being changed to flat values with the Absolute skills doubling them on targets who are affected by them (in Pace's case, it would probably just be active for the duration of the skill instead). I'm a bit more on the fence about Yomidori since it has somewhat restrictive activation conditions but I do agree that 30% is a bit much and a flat value might be better.

I don't think Absolute Pace needs any additional effects. I don't think a restriction of only one Absolute at a time is necessary either. As for Katana Master, it ties into a problem that some skills don't follow the proper formula, but I guess I'll start making adjustments to do that for Kensei at least for next update. I'll also consider doubling its bonuses if it's rather lack luster currently, which I can see +5 damage being.

Kensei has a lot of SP they WANT to spend, and +5 damage on Katanas isn't a good enough incentive to dump in there. So yeah, it would be nice to bump it a bit.

I'd also recommend keeping the 10% buff to absolute death, in any case. It bridges the gap between too little (takes 4 hits to make up for the lost action, 25%) and too much (takes 2 hits, 50%).
That wasn't meant to be offensive, sorry if it came off that way. I was just stating why most proposed balance changes end up so complex.

Also, if you doubled the effects of the passives on afflicted targets and also while buffed with Absolute Pace, would the penalties be able to stack to -45?